Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,741 Members 46,822 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

looking for latest stock update w root-S4 AT&T

Tip us?

alfizzle
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default looking for latest stock update w root-S4 AT&T

first I would like to say please don't flame me if this has been answered elsewhere Lol.I have already tried the search function with no luck.

I have a galaxy s4 AT&T that I just received from warranty and I would like to install the latest update with root capabilities I believe its 4 .3 as I couldn't find anything for 4.4

I'm looking for a package which includes the stock TW 4.3 update w root and cwm.

as I mentioned before I have tried the search function several times as well as looked through the threads in the android development section. If there is a link that you could provide me with i would be immensely grateful.Thanks in advance!

DeadlySin9
Old
Thanks Meter 621

DONATE TO ME
The bootloader is locked. You can't flash a stock package with root. There's also no exploit to flash any recovery. Read the nice clear threads in the general section like the index and root guide for MK2.

Sent from my SGH-I337 running Blackbox 3.0
Current Device: ATT Samsung Galaxy S4 (i337)

Past Devices:
Droid Bionic (GSM Hacked)
HTC Inspire 4G (Desire HD)
Nexus One
Motorola Backflip
HTC Dev Phone 1 (Dream/G1)
The Following User Says Thank You to DeadlySin9 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

alfizzle
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlySin9 View Post
The bootloader is locked. You can't flash a stock package with root. There's also no exploit to flash any recovery. Read the nice clear threads in the general section like the index and root guide for MK2.

Sent from my SGH-I337 running Blackbox 3.0
I am aware of the locked bootloader I didnt realize that was the reason i was unable to flash CWM previously only root. Thanks for the info!
so I just powered on the new device and they shipped it with 4.4 damn it lol. Is there a way to downgrade to 4.3 then root? The reason I chose to stick with TouchWiz is because in the past w my S2 when flashing ROMs there was always some glitch or missing features even w the safest CM roms.so hypothetically speaking if I decided to go with a custom ROM so that I may have CWM could you possibly recommend a good one that will not lack any features or capabilities and stable of course. Thanks

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfizzle View Post
I am aware of the locked bootloader I didnt realize that was the reason i was unable to flash CWM previously only root. Thanks for the info!
so I just powered on the new device and they shipped it with 4.4 damn it lol. Is there a way to downgrade to 4.3 then root? The reason I chose to stick with TouchWiz is because in the past w my S2 when flashing ROMs there was always some glitch or missing features even w the safest CM roms.so hypothetically speaking if I decided to go with a custom ROM so that I may have CWM could you possibly recommend a good one that will not lack any features or capabilities and stable of course. Thanks
You need to do a lot of reading. See the general forum and read all you can on nb1 and mk2. There is a work around to get a rooted, touch wiz rom on your device. But you won't get cwm on your device. Look for safestrap too

Sent from my Nexus 5
The Following User Says Thank You to jd1639 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

alfizzle
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
HOLY S**T!!! you werent joking when you said alot of reading...wow. Finally finished...then wifi/data wasnt working so it took a little extra time and research(8hours total LOL) but i got everything up including safestrap! Thanks for the guidance. very much appreciated!!!!

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfizzle View Post
HOLY S**T!!! you werent joking when you said alot of reading...wow. Finally finished...then wifi/data wasnt working so it took a little extra time and research(8hours total LOL) but i got everything up including safestrap! Thanks for the guidance. very much appreciated!!!!
Good job! Now you know how to do it. And, yea, lots of good stuff out there but did take awhile to digest it all.

Sent from my Nexus 5