Post Reply

Camera crashes every time I launch it. (caused by LastPass)

OP murf43143

28th March 2014, 01:45 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
109 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2007
More
*Edit 2* This is apparenly caused by "LastPass" which I just enabled prior to this crashing. Thank you to EddyOS for helping me out.

Good morning, *crazy realization / edit down below*

I just got my HTC One M8 yesterday and it is really nice, but one problem is that every time I click the camera app button, or launch the camera from the lock screen, I get this crash every single time.

I have reboot my phone, not installed anything weird or crazy, and this is just nonstop happening.

The only way I can actually get to my camera and use it, is if I turn t he phone off, flip the phone 90 degrees so Iím holding it like a camera, and pressing the volume down button to do the quick launch camera.

Everything else I try to get to the camera with crashes.

This is beyond frustrating.

Thank you for your time,
-----------------------
*Edit 1 - I realized that whenever I am holding the camera in "landscape mode" it works fine and doesn't crash / launches fine. As soon as I 'stand the phone up tall" it will crash. I can even launch the camera anytime if I am holding it in landscape mode when I press the camera app and it opens fine. As soon as I stand the phone up the camera crashes! This is the worst bug I have ever had in a phone and is starting to make me regret going with HTC again (going on 7 years straight with HTC but I feel let down).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-28-08-30-46.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	133.9 KB
ID:	2655349  
Last edited by murf43143; 28th March 2014 at 03:47 PM.
28th March 2014, 02:53 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 53
 
340 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by murf43143

Good morning, *crazy realization / edit down below*

I just got my HTC One M8 yesterday and it is really nice, but one problem is that every time I click the camera app button, or launch the camera from the lock screen, I get this crash every single time.

I have reboot my phone, not installed anything weird or crazy, and this is just nonstop happening.

The only way I can actually get to my camera and use it, is if I turn t he phone off, flip the phone 90 degrees so Iím holding it like a camera, and pressing the volume down button to do the quick launch camera.

Everything else I try to get to the camera with crashes.

This is beyond frustrating.

Thank you for your time,
-----------------------
*Edit 1 - I realized that whenever I am holding the camera in "landscape mode" it works fine and doesn't crash / launches fine. As soon as I 'stand the phone up tall" it will crash. I can even launch the camera anytime if I am holding it in landscape mode when I press the camera app and it opens fine. As soon as I stand the phone up the camera crashes! This is the worst bug I have ever had in a phone and is starting to make me regret going with HTC again (going on 7 years straight with HTC but I feel let down).


Factory reset?
28th March 2014, 02:57 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
109 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by animaleyes76

Factory reset?

If I had to factory reset this phone less than 12 hours after I received it in order to get the most basic functionality out of it, this sucker is going back and it will be the first time in 6+ years I have not gone with an HTC Flagship.

Nice phone but very disappointed with a few things (this crash is beyond making me mad) and this is coming from an HTC fanboy. I just canít stand to see Samsung be the only ones with no competition thus bringing down quality for everyone which was the main reason I support HTC as well as their innovation. This just sucks though.
28th March 2014, 02:59 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 53
 
340 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
personally i'd reset it.. if it happened again i'd agree with you.

Tech is tech.. sometimes things go wrong. I've not seen a single other user with the same problem.

good luck
28th March 2014, 03:03 PM   |  #5  
EddyOS's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Liverpool, Merseyside
Thanks Meter: 3,100
 
13,355 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
More
It's LastPass causing the issue, there is another thread saying so elsewhere on here
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EddyOS For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th March 2014, 03:45 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
109 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyOS

It's LastPass causing the issue, there is another thread saying so elsewhere on here

I did just enable lastpass for the system. Holy crap, thank you I will update the main post.
28th March 2014, 03:57 PM   |  #7  
Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
80 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by murf43143

I did just enable lastpass for the system. Holy crap, thank you I will update the main post.

Wow, thanks for pointing this out!
28th March 2014, 03:59 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
109 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrybozack

Wow, thanks for pointing this out!

Make sure to thank Eddy!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in One (M8) Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank