1st April 2014, 02:10 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Gothenburg
Thanks Meter: 485

1,049 posts
Donate to Me
More
Dear Slim Users,

We proudly present our second stable SlimKat release. We would like to thank everyone involved with testing, improving and working with us these last few weeks to achieve the much anticipated SlimKat Stable 4.

Major key changes from SlimKat 3 are as follows:

Notification reminder: An easy way to quickly set short reminders to show on the notification drawer.
Slim Recents: A complete replacement of the AOSP recents screen to allow better multitasking, along with marking favourite apps.
Dialer: Introduced with SlimKat 3: forward lookup and reverse lookup of contacts. Sadly we needed to remove certain parts due to legal issues with the Google+ reverse lookup. An intelligent People lookup service has been added to replace this, along with several other enhancements.
Quiet Hours: Several tweaks and enhancements to make it more powerful than previous.
Lockscreen: Further color enhancements and options.
And of course tons of small changes, features, enhancements and fixes all over the firmware.

As well as the new features, we are proud to introduce 2 new devices, hlte (Galaxy Note 3) and falcon (Moto g). Moto g can be found in the weekly folder (in our opinion it is stable but we want to ensure stability across a wider range of devices rather than just our test devices )

NOTE:

For dirty flashers: Before you flash, you MUST wipe your system manually. Gapps has received major rework, and this way you ensure that nothing old will be left.
We highly recommend to flash the new gapps package!!!!
As usual read the changelog, install instructions and known issues below.
p3100, p3110, p5100, p5110 have delay and will be published as soon as possible.

Changelog

- links to weekly releases -

changelogs since stable SlimKat 3 release: 3.2 - 3.4 - 3.6 - 3.8 - 3.10
Framework: Fix LTE tile
Framework: SlimPie: turn on HA on highEndGfx devices
Framework: Add Landscape layout for ECA
Framework: Add support for QC's time_daemon
Framework: SystemUI: Remove broadcast from QH toggles
Settings: QuierHours service: call with qualified user and introduce controller
Settings: Fix possible illegal argument exception
Camera2: if camera HAL does not return valid picture formats do not show wrong values.
Device specific: several fixes and upstream. See attached changelog on the device download
Gapps: Complete rework of the gapps package. Update to Google Music, Google YouTube, Google PlayStore TRDS

Known issues

General

LTE tile: on clean flash if the first toggle of LTE tile does not work go into settings->more->mobile networks and set one time the network mode to 3g. After this the LTE toggle will work always as expected
National data roaming: If you tick the option in settings all entries get visually disabled although they still work. Do not worry about it and just re-enter the screen again and it is corrected. As long as SlimKat supports your provider this works as intended.

Device specific

hammerhead: NOTE: We switched back for the torch to sysf interface due that it works better. Keep in mind that a third party kernel needs to add a patch to prevent that if you used the torch one time new photos on the camera get over exposured. We notified the kernel developers already about this change. Some kernel already changed it (eg. Bricked kernel). All other you can expect the change for the next kernel releases. If your kernel does not support it for now do not use the torch (or if you used reboot) when you want to make photos.
i9300, n7100, t0lte: Due to different used camera controller chips some devices can still get flaky camera. We tried to cover as many devices as we could.
crespo, i9000: if the phone rings the dialer is sometimes slow. This is simply due to the new KitKat dialer and the fact it is a low end device.
i9100, n7000: on extended music play it can suddenly happen that the playback stops.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pemell For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st April 2014, 05:18 PM   |  #2  
Flag Myrtle Beach, SC , USA
Thanks Meter: 108

845 posts
More
I love the ROM. It has been my ASOP ROM for some time. I love that it supports so many devices.

Here are some opportunities for this rom:

1. Must manually enable developer options. Can this be enabled by default?
2. Must manually enable root. Can this be enabled by default?
3. Default DPI results in text so small most people over 38 could hardly read it. To change it, one has to download a third party app.
A DPI changer should be built in.
1st April 2014, 06:13 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 22

80 posts
I am having issues sending multipart SMS messages on my Nexus 5 using the messaging app and also 8sms (downloaded from the app store). Hangouts works fine for SMS. I am on Sprint and have tried every combination of carrier wipe/network mode.
2nd April 2014, 04:49 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 25

233 posts
More
But there is no rom for xperia sl,sadly
2nd April 2014, 04:47 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 14,783

5,661 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by draexo

I love the ROM. It has been my ASOP ROM for some time. I love that it supports so many devices.

Here are some opportunities for this rom:

1. Must manually enable developer options. Can this be enabled by default?
2. Must manually enable root. Can this be enabled by default?
3. Default DPI results in text so small most people over 38 could hardly read it. To change it, one has to download a third party app.
A DPI changer should be built in.

1. No , no reason for it. It's no work to activate it self.
2. No ( see 1 )
3. Soon

Tapatalk Team SlimRoms
3rd April 2014, 02:32 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 1

18 posts
Hi, this is great build 4 specially music app added, I'm using it on nexus s however having issues on recent screen as swiping out if a recent app is less responsive as compare to last build 3. Every time I'm failed to swipe away all apps without few extra tries, is There there a trick to use it or a fix?

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
7th April 2014, 07:01 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
mt6583
need a slim rom for mt6582 5inch fwvga 512ram there is no custom build for this type of mobile ram troubling too much

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread