In this guide you will learn how to Update your phone to the latest stock firmware available for your device for your region/country with Kies.
- You will make your device status from Un-official To Official.
- Your device will get Un-Rooted and all the changes you have made by rooting the device will be fixed .
- If you have flashed wrong stock ROM or of other Region/Country this will fix it.
- Fix software problems you face
Please Dont Copy this to other forums and blogs. Give Direct Link to this Guide.
- If you have Bricked your device or your device is Not booting Up This thread is Not for you.
- For those who face Software problems are requested to try resetting your Phone to check if it fixes by it Before trying this.
Go to Settings--> Back up and reset --> Factory Data Reset
Difficulty level: Easy
Things you need:
- A computer with Kies installed.
- Internet Connection.
- USB Cable.
- A working Brain .
- Of-course the device to be updated.
For Example I will be using My Device - Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini "GT-I8190N"
- Open Kies
- Go to Tools
- Firmware Upgrade and Instantiation
- Enter Your Phone Model Number
Go to Settings --> About Phone, Find Your Model Number
Note: You Should Enter As it is in Settings i.e, "GT-I8190N"
- Now Enter your device Serial Number
Note: Go to Settings--> Status--> Find Serial Number.
- Click "OK" to the Dialogue boxes
Now It will start Downloading Drivers etc to Flash..
- Check "I have read all of the above Information."
- Connect your device
- Select "Proceed without saving"
- Then Click "Start Upgrade"
- All Moste Done!
It will now download and flash the Firmware to Your Device
- Your device will Reboot and Install the firmware.
- Reboot and You're Done!
Hit the thanks button
PM me if you have some thing usefull to add to this thread.