Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,714 Members 41,150 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Data\app functionality based question.......

Tip us?

abhishekr700
Old
(Last edited by abhishekr700; 28th March 2014 at 12:17 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 137
Default Data\app functionality based question.......

ok guyz i was building a rom through dsixda kitchen
i added data\app functionlaity but all those apps which i have moved to data\app are installed as user apps.I have included many apps in system\app folder so i added some apps to data\app so that they can be updated and i will have some space in system partition...but why are these apps are being installed as user apps.they all get removed if i do a data wipe...please help me or tell me a way of not allowing this to hapen

Press Thanks If I Helped !!

DEVICE : SAMSUNG GALAXY Y [GT-S5360]
CURRENT ROM : REINCARNATION CM7.2
ROMS TESTED : JELLYBLAST V3 , NEMESIS ONE , CYANOGENMOD 9 , PUREKAT 2.0 , EVOLUTION X4 , HYPERION 8 GMREINCARNATION CM7.2
ROMS TO BE TESTED : JELLYNOID ,
SCRIPTS TESTED/USING : V6 SUPERCHARGER BLACKDOG EDITION , RT-MIXMANAGER,KICKASS KERNALISER
KERNELS TESTED : HELLS FUSION #50 , KURO KERNEL , BLACKREACTOR V5 , WHITEXP KERNEL
The Following User Says Thank You to abhishekr700 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sameer.n.soni
Old
Thanks Meter 22
I don't know your question's answer but many devs outta there in XDA may know so please make the title more informative.
Press thanks if I helped you instead of typing it.

My Device

My Phone: Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360
Kernel: Hells Fusion #50
Current ROM: Odexed Hyperion 9 Final Build
Current Mods: Fly On Mod V4 Beta6 with EXT4 Tweak

My works

san122
Old
Thanks Meter 1541
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishekr700 View Post
ok guyz i was building a rom through dsixda kitchen
i added data\app functionlaity but all those apps which i have moved to data\app are installed as user apps.I have included many apps in system\app folder so i added some apps to data\app so that they can be updated and i will have some space in system partition...but why are these apps are being installed as user apps.they all get removed if i do a data wipe...please help me or tell me a way of not allowing this to hapen
All system apps sgould be in system/app.They are a bit hard to be deleted.
Whereas user apps can be easily uninstalled via settings or so.
You need user apps to be in data/app.

abhishekr700
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by san122 View Post
All system apps sgould be in system/app.They are a bit hard to be deleted.
Whereas user apps can be easily uninstalled via settings or so.
You need user apps to be in data/app.
what if i have a system app that needs upgrading from market??

ROMS TESTED : JELLYBLAST V3 , NEMESIS ONE , CYANOGENMOD 9 , PUREKAT 2.0 , EVOLUTION X4 , HYPERION 8 GMREINCARNATION CM7.2
SCRIPTS TESTED/USING : V6 SUPERCHARGER BLACKDOG EDITION , RT-MIXMANAGER,KICKASS KERNALISER
KERNELS TESTED : HELLS FUSION #50 , KURO KERNEL , BLACKREACTOR V5 , WHITEXP KERNEL
The Following User Says Thank You to abhishekr700 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

marcussmith2626
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2333
Quote:
what if i have a system app that needs upgrading from market??
then use link2sd to uninstall the system app - download it from market and then convert it to system app again with link2sd and restart if thats what you want to do

you can update system apps from market but they will not replace the system app - instead you have a duplicate app which means if you uninstall the update it will roll back to the version that orig system app was

if you want to overwrite the system app with the new version simply use link2sd to intergrate update into system then restart

My Work And Threads For Galaxy Y GT-S5360

My PM is not a Question & Answer thread - Dont treat it as such!

abhishekr700
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcussmith2626 View Post
then use link2sd to uninstall the system app - download it from market and then convert it to system app again with link2sd and restart if thats what you want to do

you can update system apps from market but they will not replace the system app - instead you have a duplicate app which means if you uninstall the update it will roll back to the version that orig system app was

if you want to overwrite the system app with the new version simply use link2sd to intergrate update into system then restart
that means when i was on stock rom annd updated apps like gmaill,maps etc then i got 2 vesions of same apps in my phone......
#feelingcheated

abhishekr700
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcussmith2626 View Post

that means when i was on stock rom annd updated apps like gmaill,maps etc then i got 2 vesions of same apps in my phone......
#feelingcheated

marcussmith2626
Old
(Last edited by marcussmith2626; 29th March 2014 at 11:22 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2333
Quote:
#feelingcheated
yes in a sense

you will have the orig system app in system/app and then the new version stored in data

so if you uninstalled the new version it will roll back to the system app which you cannot uninstall by normal means (you can uninstall system apps with link2sd)

if you look through apps with link2sd anything with the word updated next to it in green means its a system app that has been updated by the user and so the update can be intergrated into system if you wish

My Work And Threads For Galaxy Y GT-S5360

My PM is not a Question & Answer thread - Dont treat it as such!