Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,303 Members 52,062 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Device Status Custom HELP!

Tip us?

cynicalsinner91
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Device Status Custom HELP!

Recently wanted to update to kitkat after i rooted my phone and got frustated with it so I unrooted it and noticed the custom padlock logo was still on. after further review I see it was left with the device status set to custom as per normal when you root your phone. i did some digging and heard a lot of people stating some times if you used a 64 gig sd card it can trigger the custom status, well i use one and have since it was rooted and sadly enough after rooting and unrooting both with the sd card in and out it stays locked at the custom status. i really want to update the phone to kitkat from 4.3 because rooting really doesnt do it for me anymore. but i can not for the life of my figure out how to get it to switch back to official. i know if you used xposed module you can fake it to official. but when i upgrade to kitkat i will lose root permission and this is where my problems arise.

1. If i go ahead and update using xposed to fake my offical status will knox be triggered?
2. When i upgrade and lose root will the device automatically switch to back to official after upgrading or will i be stuck with the custom status and not be able to get anymore updates?
3. Is there any proven method to actually switch back to official permanately and not fake it like with xposed?

graydiggy
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2136

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicalsinner91 View Post
Recently wanted to update to kitkat after i rooted my phone and got frustated with it so I unrooted it and noticed the custom padlock logo was still on. after further review I see it was left with the device status set to custom as per normal when you root your phone. i did some digging and heard a lot of people stating some times if you used a 64 gig sd card it can trigger the custom status, well i use one and have since it was rooted and sadly enough after rooting and unrooting both with the sd card in and out it stays locked at the custom status. i really want to update the phone to kitkat from 4.3 because rooting really doesnt do it for me anymore. but i can not for the life of my figure out how to get it to switch back to official. i know if you used xposed module you can fake it to official. but when i upgrade to kitkat i will lose root permission and this is where my problems arise.

1. If i go ahead and update using xposed to fake my offical status will knox be triggered?
2. When i upgrade and lose root will the device automatically switch to back to official after upgrading or will i be stuck with the custom status and not be able to get anymore updates?
3. Is there any proven method to actually switch back to official permanately and not fake it like with xposed?

Use triangle away.

you will need root.

Lost in a paper bag again...

cynicalsinner91
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by graydiggy View Post
Use triangle away.

you will need root.
Can you give me a bit more detail then rhat? I downloaded it and I am currently rooted

jerrycoffman45
Old
Thanks Meter 635
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicalsinner91 View Post
Can you give me a bit more detail then rhat? I downloaded it and I am currently rooted
i had that problem i had to do a factory reset to get it to go away

Chaplain Dennis
Old
Thanks Meter 18
I used Kingo to root. Decided to return to stock. After several manual reboots FINALLY removed "Custom" unlock and FINALLY RETURNED TO "Official".

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

cynicalsinner91
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrycoffman45 View Post
i had that problem i had to do a factory reset to get it to go away
Sadly I have many times and it still persist. This is exactly what has happened since I got my phone a few months back. Bought it from at&t > rooted it > uprooted it because j couldn't figure out safe strap or how to install toms > rerooted it and tried again > successfully that time > got bored and wanted return to stock and upgrade > custom status issue now

graydiggy
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2136

DONATE TO ME
There isn't much else to explain. You install triangle away, open the app and click reset flash counter.

Sent from my SM-N9005A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

cynicalsinner91
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
There isn't much else to explain. You install triangle away, open the app and click reset flash counter.

Oh wasn't sure if that was it or not my count is still set to 0 so I was thinking there was something else to it

graydiggy
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2136

DONATE TO ME
Nope. It resets the flash counter and should reset the custom splash screen and custom status in settings.

I have never had issues with it.

cynicalsinner91
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Nope. It resets the flash counter and should reset the custom splash screen and custom status in settings.

I have never had issues with it.

Custom is gone away from the boot logo and in download it reads as official however under settings it still says custom. If I were to just go ahead with the update even though under settings it says custom would it fail and trip knox? Or would everything get reset to official stock?