Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,941 Members 38,265 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CM builds and battery like?

Tip us?
 
esimon311
Old
#1  
esimon311's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 482
Posts: 1,056
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: V-Town

 
DONATE TO ME
Default CM builds and battery like?

Guys got a quick question. I usually run stock based roms. I've ran most of the CM builds for a little bit. Not really long enough to get a good idea about which CM Rom has the best battery life once the Rom settles in...I usually get impatient and flash back to my stock based custom, or stock modded Rom..
So that being said, I want to give a CM build a good run a week or so. But one of my main conversation is battery life. But I'd like to get some suggestions before I start flashing. As to avoid running several different roms..

Long story short what CM build would you suggest for battery life & why?
Thanks in advanced.



_________________
Beavers & Ducks!
 
Mervingio
Old
#2  
Mervingio's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 409
Posts: 1,530
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Elysium
Not sure if help but in my experience AOSP roms run long on battery but ever got little low more signal strength

Omni is another thing too good to be true but unfortunately no much love for us and e980

My all time love kang AOKP until 4.3 was king now with 4.4 no much love 😷

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Mervingio For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
esimon311
Old
#3  
esimon311's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 482
Posts: 1,056
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: V-Town

 
DONATE TO ME
Thanks for your input.

_________________
Beavers & Ducks!
 
machinistsWIP
Old
#4  
machinistsWIP's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 217
Posts: 388
Join Date: Apr 2013
Just flashed the latest CandyKat last night. About an hour of screen on time....this is only the first charge.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk
e980 - officially PAC-ified
The Following User Says Thank You to machinistsWIP For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
kimmyson
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 15
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by thathamiam View Post
Just flashed the latest CandyKat last night. About an hour of screen on time....this is only the first charge.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk
Did you use beanstalk ROM before?
If so, may I ask for your opinion what are the pros and cons compare to CandyKat?
 
Neroga
Old
#6  
Neroga's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 544
Posts: 1,274
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Saint Cloud, Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mervingio View Post
Not sure if help but in my experience AOSP roms run long on battery but ever got little low more signal strength

Omni is another thing too good to be true but unfortunately no much love for us and e980

My all time love kang AOKP until 4.3 was king now with 4.4 no much love 😷

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk
You aren't actually getting lower signal. Stock based ROMs falsely show better signal so the carrier can say they have more coverage. I could have 5 bars on stock while only have 2 on AOSP yet the dBms are exactly the same. AOSP shows you what you're actually getting.

Sent from my 4.4 Sphinx LG-E980
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Neroga For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
machinistsWIP
Old
#7  
machinistsWIP's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 217
Posts: 388
Join Date: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmyson View Post
Did you use beanstalk ROM before?
If so, may I ask for your opinion what are the pros and cons compare to CandyKat?
I've used them all. Weighing pros and cons isn't something I want to do because they are all stellar and I appreciate all developer efforts. I will say that battery-wise, I'm pretty even across all ROMs in that I get about 3 hrs of screen on time no matter how long I'm off the charger. I must be pretty consistent in how I use my device, because that seems to hold since I flashed the madmack modem. And I'm actually on Beanstalk now. I flash nearly constantly because I love features of all ROMs and can't commit to just one

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk
e980 - officially PAC-ified
 
Mervingio
Old
#8  
Mervingio's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 409
Posts: 1,530
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Elysium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neroga View Post
You aren't actually getting lower signal. Stock based ROMs falsely show better signal so the carrier can say they have more coverage. I could have 5 bars on stock while only have 2 on AOSP yet the dBms are exactly the same. AOSP shows you what you're actually getting.

Sent from my 4.4 Sphinx LG-E980
Not sure man on home I ever get full LTE bars stock or custom problem is out yeah I know my geographic are sucks but on my work only got one to no bar signal on custom on stock can see them like two bars and my work is a five min att central build sometimes got -65dBm

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk
 
machinistsWIP
Old
#9  
machinistsWIP's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 217
Posts: 388
Join Date: Apr 2013
Just for $h!t$ ad giggles, an update. This is latest Beanstalk, stock kernel, Interactive governor and deadline scheduler. Pretty sweet.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk
e980 - officially PAC-ified
 
robocopvn
Old
#10  
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 49
Join Date: Aug 2012
I've been using CM 11 M4 and M5 for the last 3 weeks and it's much better than the stock one. Just don't know why some time CM11 automatically switch the CPU frequency to 1.1ghz then switch back to 1.7ghz all the time
Old devices: HTC Aria, Motorola Rarz, HP Touchpad, HTC Desire HD, Xperia Go, LG VU2

Current Device:
LG E980h (Official CM 11 M5)
Nexus 7 2013 WIFI 32GB (unlock bootloader, rooted, stock 4.4.2)

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes