[Q] Add capacitive key on black HTC logo bar?

25th March 2014, 07:36 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Lugano
Thanks Meter: 0

20 posts
More
I see many videos where they say how enable the HTC logo in HTC One. Is it possible do the same thing in the new HTC One (M8) and so remove the on screen buttons?
25th March 2014, 10:18 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Verona
Thanks Meter: 2,334

5,786 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuscoale

I see many videos where they say how enable the HTC logo in HTC One. Is it possible do the same thing in the new HTC One (M8) and so remove the on screen buttons?

Probably not, I would say no... With the HTC One the space over the logo was touch sensitive cause there where 2 capacitive buttons on the sides but with the New HTC One there is no sense to make it touch sensitive since the buttons are on the screen
26th March 2014, 02:45 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 26

367 posts
I can confirm that this apparently is not possible. When I went to a Verizon store yesterday to pick up my M8, there was actually a Senior Technical Manager from HTC there. We chatted, and I asked him if there was a capacitive strip under the logo bar - he said that unfortunately, there was not. He did say, however, that there is other hardware under it. So at least it's not completely just there for no reason
26th March 2014, 04:54 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 101

463 posts
With that much bezel on the bottom of the phone...really just should have put actual capacitive buttons there on the black where the HTC logo is and given us that screen real estate back from the virtual buttons
27th March 2014, 02:26 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Lugano
Thanks Meter: 0

20 posts
More
Thanks for the answers, now I just have to hope that in future they'll add new gesture for go back and go to the home and so deactive the on screen key because with the same sense version and settings in my HTC One when I'm in Internet I can see more display than the new One that I tried on store. The same thing in many menus like settings.
28th March 2014, 09:07 AM   |  #6  
Flag OKC, OK
Thanks Meter: 70

250 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakemcbride21

With that much bezel on the bottom of the phone...really just should have put actual capacitive buttons there on the black where the HTC logo is and given us that screen real estate back from the virtual buttons

Quote:
Originally Posted by xShin

I can confirm that this apparently is not possible. When I went to a Verizon store yesterday to pick up my M8, there was actually a Senior Technical Manager from HTC there. We chatted, and I asked him if there was a capacitive strip under the logo bar - he said that unfortunately, there was not. He did say, however, that there is other hardware under it. So at least it's not completely just there for no reason

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
htc screen bar logo
Previous Thread Next Thread