Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,641 Members 43,916 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] A beginner question.

Tip us?

TjabbyD
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] A beginner question.

Hello XDA!

So, I've recently gotten into rooting and custom ROMS, kernels etc with my SM-N9005.

And as you might know, this can result in having to take your battery out and in a lot.

And I've noticed that when I first got the phone, there used to be way more "force" from the 4 pins that connects the battery.

So is it a bad thing to take the battery out too much of your phone? I kind of liked the "force", but it's mostly gone now.

antique_sonic
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by TjabbyD View Post
Hello XDA!

So, I've recently gotten into rooting and custom ROMS, kernels etc with my SM-N9005.

And as you might know, this can result in having to take your battery out and in a lot.

And I've noticed that when I first got the phone, there used to be way more "force" from the 4 pins that connects the battery.

So is it a bad thing to take the battery out too much of your phone? I kind of liked the "force", but it's mostly gone now.
Firstly...
why do you need to plug out your battery too much, just for rooting, flashing recovery, and flashing custom ROM ?
My battery still intact on its place since D1, though I've just rooted few weeks back, and do flashing custom ROM quite a lot during these past few weeks, but I never plug out my battery.
So basically, why do you have to do that ?

Basically, everything which is "forced" is always hurt and not good if you understand what I mean. hehehe
But, so long as your battery now is still working correctly, try not to plug out so many times, unless you really really in need to do that.
And if your reason is flashing custom ROM, no way man. Please follow the instructions on each custom ROM you flashed, for sure, there shouldn't be any step asking you to plug out battery.

Cheers.
~WJ~
Learn.... Learn.... & Learn
Learn till you die, and you will die a happy man

Q & A for XNote Galaxy S5 (All Questions about X-Note Galaxy S5 PORT) :
[Q&A]X-Note G900F S5 PORT
The Following User Says Thank You to antique_sonic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]