Originally Posted by Yago
I dont lie!! Im just new with Android system and i want to know how to do it. I download the link of stock recovery 4.2.1. Is something like m7-stock-802.img.
so should i do is fastboot flast recovery m7-stock-802w.img and then lock the bootloader (fastboot oem lock) , and instal the update from the phone?
My question is: This stock recovery file what i do with it. I copy it to the sd card and flash it trought the CMW? or i open the command window and do the fasboot flash stock recovery file?
What i want is to be able to do the update to the 2.30.1401.1
It's not because i dont read, it's because i dont understand very good how to do the things and im afraid to brick my phone.
Thanks i really appreciate your help.
I dont have your phone, I have the International One...but I think I can help you out.
If you phone works the same as the International One, and my old SensationXE and Desire before that then all you need is the recovery to be installed. You dont need to re-lock your bootloader. The steps I would do are:
1) Download the Stock Recovery (m7-stock-802w.img - if that is what it is called)
2) Switch off the phone and boot it into Bootloader (Power & Vol Down - if same as International)
3) Connect the phone to your computer with usb cable.
4) Open a command window in the folder where the Stock Recovery file is placed
5) Type the following: fastboot flash recovery m7-stock-802w.img
(This will flash Stock Recovery to your phone)
6) Reboot phone
7) Try OTA update again
This should work for you, though you may need to reapply root afterwards or try a OTA Root Keeper app to preserve your root. If after the update you wanted to go back to CWM then you can follow steps 1-6 again but with the CWM Recovery file instead.
Hope this helps!