Ask a question

No registration required

I need help with my Htc one 802w dual sim China unicom

OP Yago

21st September 2013, 05:36 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

17 posts
Hi everyone!! I bought my htc one 802w China unicom version 1 month ago. After reading all the threats and documenting to do the Root, i did it. Now my phone is running and working fine with also google apps. My question is, now i want to update to the version 2.30.1402.1 but i can't, in Cwm say that is failed.
I read that i need to instal a nandroid backup, flash the stock recovery, lock the boot loader and then update via Ota, and root again the device.

Can someone help me, because i don´t know the commands to flash the stock recovery or where should i do it?
Thanks for the help!!

My phone is

***Tampered***
*** UNLOCKED ***
M7CDUG PVT SHIP S-ON RH
HBOOT-2.27.0000
RADIO-U3.08.3507.17
OpenDSP-v31.120.274.0617
QSC-1237.25.32.0717
OS-2.25.1402.1
eMMC-boot 2048MB
Jul 23 2013, 21:57:15.0
21st September 2013, 06:37 PM   |  #2  
Flag BrasoV
Thanks Meter: 211

1,753 posts
Donate to Me
More
all is here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2273570
22nd September 2013, 05:31 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

17 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by criszz

all is here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2273570

I live in this thread but i didn't find how to flash the stock recovery to the phone. If you can tell me how and the commands that i need to write i will really apreciate it. Thanks ^^
22nd September 2013, 08:12 AM   |  #4  
Flag BrasoV
Thanks Meter: 211

1,753 posts
Donate to Me
More
Is all written on first page. Including link to stock recovery. Why lie to me ? Read please.

Sent from my HTC 802w Dual Sim
22nd September 2013, 10:58 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

17 posts
I dont lie!! Im just new with Android system and i want to know how to do it. I download the link of stock recovery 4.2.1. Is something like m7-stock-802.img.

so should i do is fastboot flast recovery m7-stock-802w.img and then lock the bootloader (fastboot oem lock) , and instal the update from the phone?

My question is: This stock recovery file what i do with it. I copy it to the sd card and flash it trought the CMW? or i open the command window and do the fasboot flash stock recovery file?

What i want is to be able to do the update to the 2.30.1401.1
It's not because i dont read, it's because i dont understand very good how to do the things and im afraid to brick my phone.

Thanks i really appreciate your help.
Last edited by Yago; 22nd September 2013 at 11:12 AM.
22nd September 2013, 12:19 PM   |  #6  
Flag Bradford
Thanks Meter: 8

60 posts
More
Hope this helps:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yago

I dont lie!! Im just new with Android system and i want to know how to do it. I download the link of stock recovery 4.2.1. Is something like m7-stock-802.img.

so should i do is fastboot flast recovery m7-stock-802w.img and then lock the bootloader (fastboot oem lock) , and instal the update from the phone?

My question is: This stock recovery file what i do with it. I copy it to the sd card and flash it trought the CMW? or i open the command window and do the fasboot flash stock recovery file?

What i want is to be able to do the update to the 2.30.1401.1
It's not because i dont read, it's because i dont understand very good how to do the things and im afraid to brick my phone.

Thanks i really appreciate your help.

Hi Yago,

I dont have your phone, I have the International One...but I think I can help you out.

If you phone works the same as the International One, and my old SensationXE and Desire before that then all you need is the recovery to be installed. You dont need to re-lock your bootloader. The steps I would do are:

1) Download the Stock Recovery (m7-stock-802w.img - if that is what it is called)
2) Switch off the phone and boot it into Bootloader (Power & Vol Down - if same as International)
3) Connect the phone to your computer with usb cable.
4) Open a command window in the folder where the Stock Recovery file is placed
5) Type the following: fastboot flash recovery m7-stock-802w.img (This will flash Stock Recovery to your phone)
6) Reboot phone
7) Try OTA update again

This should work for you, though you may need to reapply root afterwards or try a OTA Root Keeper app to preserve your root. If after the update you wanted to go back to CWM then you can follow steps 1-6 again but with the CWM Recovery file instead.

Hope this helps!
22nd September 2013, 01:32 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

17 posts
Thanks!! As soon as I arrive back home I will try to do it and later will post here with my result. Maybe like this works because I want to update always the phone. The only reason why I unlock the phone is because I live in china and here we don't have the google apps. So is really annoying be reading in my Chinese that is not very good. Really I appreciate the help. Againg thank you very much
22nd September 2013, 04:32 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

17 posts
I just came back home and I flash the stock recovery. I typed fastboot flash .... And rooted the phone. Then I download using the software updates and download to the phone the new version 2.30.1402.1. I proceed to install but when the phone reboot went to recovery ( say entering recovery) but didn't go into recovery. Then start again the phone without installing the new software version. I don't know what I did wrong or what I need to do. Also I tried to download the ota file from the Htc one 802w thread but when I went to CMW I couldn't installed.

Any suggestions??

I will really appreciate the help!!!
22nd September 2013, 04:38 PM   |  #9  
Flag Bradford
Thanks Meter: 8

60 posts
More
Have you tried to boot into Recovery from boot menu?

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
22nd September 2013, 05:40 PM   |  #10  
OP Junior Member

17 posts
Yes!! when i do the fastboot flash recovery m7-stock-recovery.img if i go to boot menú and from there to recovery doesn´t enter.
the thing is that i would like to be able to update the phone when i want.
Now i just when back to the cwm802w.img because from there i can go to recovery mode. In other thread i doewnload the OTA file 2.30.1402.1 but when i am trying to installed from the recovery it always fails or don´t find the file.

It´s really strange...

The stock recovery is for the 4.2.1 and now im on the 4.2.2. Maybe can be because of this and i need to find a stock recovery versión of the 4.2.2??

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread