Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,201 Members 52,105 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Charging issue connected to car stereo USB

Tip us?

johnequickiii
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Question [Q] Charging issue connected to car stereo USB

Hey all.

I plugged my phone into my friends car stereo usb yesterday to charge it, and it kept connecting/disconnecting rapidly, going from charging to charging about twice in a second repeatedly. The only way I could get it to charge is if I shut the phone off.

Any ideas of why this would be?

compact_bijou
Old
Thanks Meter 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnequickiii View Post
Hey all.

I plugged my phone into my friends car stereo usb yesterday to charge it, and it kept connecting/disconnecting rapidly, going from charging to charging about twice in a second repeatedly. The only way I could get it to charge is if I shut the phone off.

Any ideas of why this would be?
Insufficient current output from the stereo's USB socket would be the obvious guess.
HTC One - Silver

johnequickiii
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Is this going to be an issue with all car stereos made before the HTC One though?

It wasn't JUST the charging that would start and stop rapidly. The USB Connection and Debug Mode would connect and disconnect at the same time, like the connection was actually being turned on and off.

kevin24lg
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnequickiii View Post
Is this going to be an issue with all car stereos made before the HTC One though?

It wasn't JUST the charging that would start and stop rapidly. The USB Connection and Debug Mode would connect and disconnect at the same time, like the connection was actually being turned on and off.

I have this same problem with my girlfriends HTC One. When I plug it to charge from the car's dedicated USB port for charging it just connects/disconnects over and over.

Never had this problem with the Note 2 or my Nexus 4 and 5. They charged no problem.