Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,332 Members 52,918 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Data connection problems

Tip us?

bryanxx
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Data connection problems

I am using a Virgin Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 SPH- L710. I am not sure exactly what type of information that any of you would need in order to help me but I will just say everything I did. I rooted my phone using some safe way that was pretty easy and it worked and everything but it would not work for a certain root app I wanted to download. So I then reverted the root and tried to root using some siyah kernal so that I could use a certain app. Long story short I ended up changing the firmware(if thats even the right term) from Virgin Mobile 4.3 to Sprint 4.1 which is now not letting me use any data. I am unable to text, browse the web, or use anything that involves using any time of signal. I don't know how to fix it now I have tried some things but nothing fixes it. I don't know what further information that would be required in order to get help with this so PLEASE feel free to ask me and I will promptly respond in order to fix this problem THANK YOU.
TLDR: Switched from Virgin Mobile firmware to Sprint by accident now I have no data connection. My goal was to root my phone and use the siyah kernal on Virgin Mobile firmware.

bryanxx
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Someone tried to help me on another forum but still my data connection still isnt working.

bilgerryan
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 24654

DONATE TO ME
Have you tried flashing the MD4 modem?

bryanxx
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilgerryan View Post
Have you tried flashing the MD4 modem?

I found one on this link http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2247844 but I think the link is working. If you could post a link or where to download it just so that I make sure that I get the correct thing. Wait but I just want to make sure that I download the right thing since nothing has gone well for me so far.

Genesius01
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Go to Android Forums under (Virgin Mobile) Galaxy S3 - All Things Root and look for a thread called [MOD] Sprint to Virgin Mobile LTE /MMS fix. Download the zip from that thread and flash it. It'll fix your settings to get you back on Virgin's network.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

bryanxx
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesius01 View Post
Go to Android Forums under (Virgin Mobile) Galaxy S3 - All Things Root and look for a thread called [MOD] Sprint to Virgin Mobile LTE /MMS fix. Download the zip from that thread and flash it. It'll fix your settings to get you back on Virgin's network.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app
my phone doesnt turn on anymore though