This was built from a SM-G900F recovery dump and may or may not work on all variants. Time will tell as they actually release. ;)
Note: THIS WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY!!! No one but yourself is responsible for what you do to your device. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!
People to Thank
- koush - for his awesome recovery.
- CyanogenMod - for their hlte device repo I ported to the klte (kltexxx in this case)
- ricky310711 - for providing dumps and testing
- leoaudio13 - for providing access to device and testing
- utkanos - for his original work on hlte (which all this is based off of)
- Write permissions to internal storage.
Confirmed working on:
Confirmed not working on:
- G900H - exynos
- G900V - locked bootloader (thanks Verizon!!!)
- G900A - locked bootloader (thanks AT&T!!)
How to install
adb push recovery.img /data/local/tmp/recovery.img
adb shell su -c dd if=/data/local/tmp/recovery.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery
How to install with Odin
- (USB) Disconnect your phone from your computer
- Start Odin3-vX.X.exe
- Click the PDA button, and select recovery.tar.md5
- Put your phone in download mode (turn off phone, then hold VolDown+Home+Power to boot - if it asks you to press a button to continue, press the listed button, or run adb reboot download command)
- (USB) Connect the phone to your computer
- Make sure Repartition is NOT checked
- Click the Start button
- Wait for Android to boot
- Done (if it took you more than 30 seconds, you goofed)
NOTE: Sometimes the device does *not* boot into recovery mode. Just do the entire procedure again if this happens. If it still will not install, make sure that in Odin "Auto Reboot" is not checked. Then after flashing, pull the battery, and boot with VolUp+Home+Power button to boot into recovery manually. This will start the install process.
Clockworkmod Recovery, a Tool/Utility for the Samsung Galaxy S 5
PlayfulGod, ricky310711, leoaudio13, utkanos, CyanogenMod, and Clockworkmod Teams
Last Updated 2014-05-06