Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,073 Members 40,966 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

S4 i337m cm 10.1.3 updated to 10.2 lost root

Tip us?

mahzarasua
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Post S4 i337m cm 10.1.3 updated to 10.2 lost root

Hello,

I own a S4 I337M I had it rooted and then proceed to install CM 10.1.3 I had no problems then. Yesterday I got a notification that CM 10.2 was available after I installed it using OTA I lost the ability to turn on the wifi and the 3g.

I had CDW so I wiped my phone and reinstalled 10.2, when I opened titanium it suggested me to try superSU I installed it but when I opened it I got an error saying something about the binary files.

I chose to flash the binary files and now I cannot access to CDW and it seems like I lost root, everything else seems to work good but I would like to have my phone rooted if this cannot be achieved on CM 10.2 I would like to install CDW and go back to 10.1.3.

I tried to root my phone again using ODIN like the first time but it didn't work.

Do you know if there's a way to regain root access or at least to install CDW again?

Thanks in advance.

mahzarasua
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Never mind.

I was able to put back CDW with Odin and restore the backup of CM 10.1.3.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using xda app-developers app

AlfasPeralassery
Old
Thanks Meter 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahzarasua View Post
Hello,

I own a S4 I337M I had it rooted and then proceed to install CM 10.1.3 I had no problems then. Yesterday I got a notification that CM 10.2 was available after I installed it using OTA I lost the ability to turn on the wifi and the 3g.

I had CDW so I wiped my phone and reinstalled 10.2, when I opened titanium it suggested me to try superSU I installed it but when I opened it I got an error saying something about the binary files.

I chose to flash the binary files and now I cannot access to CDW and it seems like I lost root, everything else seems to work good but I would like to have my phone rooted if this cannot be achieved on CM 10.2 I would like to install CDW and go back to 10.1.3.

I tried to root my phone again using ODIN like the first time but it didn't work.

Do you know if there's a way to regain root access or at least to install CDW again?

Thanks in advance.
Check my thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2682115 .Download superuser zip from the first post and flash it .
Cheers , you got root access again .

Click :thumbup: button if I helped .

Sent from my GT-S7562 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Hitting Thanks button is much easier than typing Thanks .

Device 1 : Samsung Galaxy S Duos Gt-s7562
Android ver. 4.0.4 & 4.4.2
Rom : KyleOpen & CM11
Device 2 : iKon ik-A800 (TAB)
Rom : Stock .
Android ver. 4.1.1
SystemUI (s7562) :CriTix v2.0.0

Download
MightyBoy
rom for GT-S7562
The Following User Says Thank You to AlfasPeralassery For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]