Originally Posted by fableevoke
I just rooted my phone recently and flashed twrp recovery. I tried flashing roms but none of them works. I'm always stuck at odin mode. I tried reading forums but I couldn't understand some of them. My s4 is i377m locked to fido. Completely noob
Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
Make sure you stick to roms for the i337m because there are roms for the i337 (US version) in here also. You say you are stuck in odin mode which sounds like you are trying to flash with odin, you should be flashing through twrp (custom recovery).
1. boot to recovery, volume up + home + power when you see the samsung logo release the buttons
2. make a nand backup of your stock rom (Cache + system+ data)
3. make a backup of you efs
4. reboot to your stock rom, make sure you have everything backed up to your Google account (apps and contacts)
5. download a rom (mapeleaf is good, Google edition by Danvh is also good, I have used both)
6. do md5 check to ensure your download is good (there are free tools you can download to do this) the md5 is always given with the file on the download page.
7. put an i337m rom of your choice onto your external sd card, you can use your charger cable plugged into your pc (they are always a .zip file
8. reboot to recovery
9. wipe (advanced wipe in twrp) select dalvic, cache, system and internal storage if you feel brave but make sure it is internal and not your external sd card.
Failure to do this step will result in a bootloop......
10. Select install and naviagte to your external sd card, select you rom zipped file.
Once twrp finishes.... reboot
11. Sign in and wait for the system to download and install all your apps....
Telus Galaxy S4 - Stock 4.3 to
[ROM] Maple leaf iBASTiD if ya aint tried it.... you should... Go Canada... Go iBASTiD......