Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,939 Members 51,223 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] display moto g screen on a dumb 7" monitor.

Tip us?

hnoam88
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] display moto g screen on a dumb 7" monitor.

in my car i have 7" monitor with 2 s-video inputs. one is connected to a reverse camera and the second is free. i would like to see my moto g screen on my monitor.
do you have any idea how to do it?

rugerredhawk
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnoam88 View Post
in my car i have 7" monitor with 2 s-video inputs. one is connected to a reverse camera and the second is free. i would like to see my moto g screen on my monitor.
do you have any idea how to do it?
Only thing I could think of would be if you could get some sort of HDMI to svideo adapter and hook a chromecast to the monitor, then use moto g as a wifi hotspot for the chromecast to connect to. Maybe... I don't know how well it will do with full screen mirroring though, I think there are some apps that claim they can cast anything, but not sure how well they work.

pfroo40
Old
Thanks Meter 2
The resolution on the dash monitor is probably ridiculously low too so not sure if it would display properly.

neu - smurph
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugerredhawk View Post
Only thing I could think of would be if you could get some sort of HDMI to svideo adapter and hook a chromecast to the monitor, then use moto g as a wifi hotspot for the chromecast to connect to. Maybe... I don't know how well it will do with full screen mirroring though, I think there are some apps that claim they can cast anything, but not sure how well they work.
Won't work - Chromecast needs an Internet connection, and the device that's acting as the Hotspot can't also be the client that controls the casts. Would work in theory with two devices, one to be the hotspot and the second to act as the Chromecast client, but screen mirroring for Chromecast is still early days, although I think a couple of apps are getting there.