Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,667 Members 49,438 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Phone freezes after 4.4.2 update

Tip us?

jreed3786
Old
(Last edited by jreed3786; 2nd April 2014 at 01:10 AM.) Reason: MAY HAVE FOUND ISSUE...SIM CARD????
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 66
Default [Q] Phone freezes after 4.4.2 update

REMOVING THE SIM CARD PRODUCED NO FREEZING, SO I'M HEADING TO AT&T TO GET NEW CARD...WILL REPLY WITH RESULTS

Ever since the 4.4.2 update, my phone freezes to where no touch input is recognized. Phone is TOTALLY unusable. Factory reset fixes temporarily...using different launcher doesn't fix the problem, either. Anybody else having this issue without using a smart cover??? Any fix?? All I'm seeing is guesses, so far. Thank you for any and all help...but so far, I DEFINITELY regret updating to 4.4.2 from 4.3.
Samsung Galaxy NOTE 3 on AT&T
Running : Dynamic Kat 4.1 [ThunderKat Edition][GPE 4.1 + 4 Colors][S5 2.1][7/11/2014]GREAT BATTERY LIFE! BEST KITKAT ROM TO DATE!!!
THANKS to ALL of the very unselfish and awesome devs who work so tirelessly to bring us a smorgasbord of tasty roms!!! Thank you, kang gang!!!
Bye bye, G1, MT3GSlide, Vibrant, Sensation 4G, Tmo Galaxy S II, AT&T Galaxy S III, and AT&T Note 2 and LG Optimus G Pro...was nice knowin' ya.

jreed3786
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 66
Angry Nope...NOT the SIM CARD

Will now test out the apps, since it works great after a factory reset....

More to come.
Samsung Galaxy NOTE 3 on AT&T
Running : Dynamic Kat 4.1 [ThunderKat Edition][GPE 4.1 + 4 Colors][S5 2.1][7/11/2014]GREAT BATTERY LIFE! BEST KITKAT ROM TO DATE!!!
THANKS to ALL of the very unselfish and awesome devs who work so tirelessly to bring us a smorgasbord of tasty roms!!! Thank you, kang gang!!!
Bye bye, G1, MT3GSlide, Vibrant, Sensation 4G, Tmo Galaxy S II, AT&T Galaxy S III, and AT&T Note 2 and LG Optimus G Pro...was nice knowin' ya.