No need to delete any of your existing favourite apps to carve out space for a new one.No running out of memory issues.
All you need to have is:
- A SD card of sufficient capacity (preferably,class 4 or higher)
- A rooted phone
- SD card reader (you can do the steps below with the SD card in the phone connected via USB)
- A PC running Windows
BACK UP YOUR CONTENTS ON THE SD CARD TO A SAFE LOCATION IN CASE YOU NEED TO REVERT AGAIN. THE SD CARD WILL BE FORMATTED DURING THE PROCESS. NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU SKIP THIS STEP AND LOSE YOUR DATA !!!
Now follow these steps..
- First of all,you have to partition your SD card.To do this,first search (via google on your PC) download & install Mini Tool Partition Wizard.
- Connect your SD card to the pc (via a card reader/via phone).Your pc and the wizard will detect the sd card.
- In the Mini Tool Partition Wizard,right click on your SD card and select delete. Take care that you do not mess with any other hard drive or partition on your PC and select only the SD card
- Now,you will have whole of the space on your sd card as unallocated.
- Right click on it and select create.
- A popup will open,in that box,select the partition as primary,file system as FAT (if your sd card is below 4GB) or FAT32 (if your sd card is of more than 4GB capacity).
- You can size any amount of the SD card for this partition ; this will be the SD card space in which you eill eventually store your music, photos etc. Make sure you leave about 512 MB or more space (upto 1Gb is good enough) for the next partition.
- Select done.
- Right click on the unallocated space and again click create.This time too,select Primary but change the file system to Ext2,Ext3 or Ext4 (Ext2 is recommended as most ROMs work fine with it)
- Click apply changes and the process will take a few minutes, let it complete.
- After it is done, search for link2sd on Google play and install the app on your device.
- On the first launch, it will ask for root permissions and then, will ask you the file system of the Ext partition, choose the Ext partition that you created, accordingly.
- Sort the apps according to size, do a multi-select and start linking them and voila, you can now Install more and more apps without filling your phone memory, thus the internal memory of your phone is increased to the size of the ext partition you create. Once done reboot the phone and enjoy using normally
- Use common sense and move only apps that you have downloaded and installed, not system apps, launcher themes etc which are very much required in the phone memory
In link2sd settings select auto link for any new apps that you will install, in future.
Another super benefit ! When you turn USB storage on, all the apps on your sd will keep working and so well be the widgets
This method should work for all phones.
Many Thanks to Gaurav Gayhlan for the method posted in Droidiser