Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Detect, Avoid IMSI-Catcher Attacks with Android IMSI-Catcher Detector

Privacy is always an important topic, as well as a delicate one to … more

Materialized LeanDroid Fights Your Poor Battery Life

Battery life has always been one of the biggest problems facing most Android devices. … more

Bump! Workaround for the LG G3 Locked Bootloader – XDA TV

The LG G3 is a power house device. It’s been a favorite of many people. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Angry [Q] Mahdi ROM: Temperature during intensive tasks!

OP Compass Linux

5th June 2014, 09:01 PM   |  #1  
Compass Linux's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 95
 
211 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Hi.

Question for Mahdi ROM users on the LG G2:

Coming from this thread, I'd like to know how Mahdi ROM's temperature is when you do intensive tasks, like playing games, running benchmarks etc. Does the device get hot? If possible, tell the temperature, what you were running, for how long, did the screen remain on etc.

Thanks.

Compass.
Last edited by Compass Linux; 5th June 2014 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Update.
The Following User Says Thank You to Compass Linux For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th June 2014, 08:09 AM   |  #2  
simon_lefisch's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 385
 
1,397 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compass Linux

Hi.

Question for Mahdi ROM users on the LG G2:

Coming from this thread, I'd like to know how Mahdi ROM's temperature is when you do intensive tasks, like playing games, running benchmarks etc. Does the device get hot? If possible, tell the temperature, what you were running, for how long, did the screen remain on etc.

Thanks.

Compass.

Anytime you run an intensive game or the like your phone will get warm, no matter what phone it is. Benchmarks get warm too, however I find those to be useless.
6th June 2014, 11:53 AM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 773
 
1,586 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
It isnt useless, he's collecting informations about the black lines from a few roms...at least be happy that we have such guy on our G2 section, who is willing to help out as much as he can..
6th June 2014, 01:48 PM   |  #4  
Compass Linux's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 95
 
211 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon_lefisch

Anytime you run an intensive game or the like your phone will get warm, no matter what phone it is. Benchmarks get warm too, however I find those to be useless.

If you've ever noticed anything abnormal with the temperature, please tell us. It's relevant to our interests.

Compass.
6th June 2014, 07:21 PM   |  #5  
simon_lefisch's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 385
 
1,397 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kewkie

It isnt useless, he's collecting informations about the black lines from a few roms...at least be happy that we have such guy on our G2 section, who is willing to help out as much as he can..

I think you misunderstood my post. I said benchmarks are useless.
Last edited by simon_lefisch; 6th June 2014 at 07:57 PM.
6th June 2014, 08:01 PM   |  #6  
bachera's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 436
 
1,700 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
define hot, it increases 5-10 degrees for me from a 29c default temp
6th June 2014, 09:00 PM   |  #7  
Compass Linux's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 95
 
211 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bachera

define hot, it increases 5-10 degrees for me from a 29c default temp

Hot as in "it shouldn't be at this temperature at all while doing what it's doing".

So that means 39C tops. That's a bit above human normal body temperature. Not bad.

If I remember well, playing Plants vs Zombies 2 gave me 47C tops in GSAM Battery Monitor, without ever rebooting.

Thanks.

Compass.
6th June 2014, 10:07 PM   |  #8  
bachera's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 436
 
1,700 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
yeah max I had was 50C, but not very long.

I guess it can shoot up higher, but for usually when doing intensive stuff, its about 39. Not to bad.

was one build it was 42 also in rest. That wasn't to long though. pretty cool, new build and fixed haha
10th June 2014, 05:03 PM   |  #9  
shriom_manerker's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Margao,Goa
Thanks Meter: 708
 
1,701 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
@Compass Linux - my device gets extremely hot on any aosp rom even on normal usage, like web browsing, texting, checking emails and reading certain articles on the web, the cpu temp ranges from 50*C-60*C at times even 70*C and it gets throttled down as i set my tmep trottle at 70*C.

battery temps range between 27*C to 43*C which is NOT normal so im no longer on any aosp roms. it scares me as for lithium batteries temps above 35*C is bad for its life. also none of these temps are good for the phone so now im on pardus hd 7.1 and my cpu temps are within the rage of 35-50*C and battery temps from 32-35 under the tasks which i mentioned earlier.
10th June 2014, 08:19 PM   |  #10  
treebill's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 564
 
2,120 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shriom_manerker

@Compass Linux - my device gets extremely hot on any aosp rom even on normal usage, like web browsing, texting, checking emails and reading certain articles on the web, the cpu temp ranges from 50*C-60*C at times even 70*C and it gets throttled down as i set my tmep trottle at 70*C.

battery temps range between 27*C to 43*C which is NOT normal so im no longer on any aosp roms. it scares me as for lithium batteries temps above 35*C is bad for its life. also none of these temps are good for the phone so now im on pardus hd 7.1 and my cpu temps are within the rage of 35-50*C and battery temps from 32-35 under the tasks which i mentioned earlier.

cpu will happily run ~75c without throttling, max temp is 92C at which point it will turn off.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes