Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,453 Members 41,987 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] ZTE Unico (Z930L) root

Tip us?

orientis
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] ZTE Unico (Z930L) root

Hey folks. XDA noob here. I searched high and low on here for an answer to my question and couldn't find anything, so if this winds up being a repost, I apologize.
I recently bought a ZTE Unico LTE(Z930L) through Straight Talk a few days ago and I'm really happy with it. I'd like to get it rooted though, mainly so I can get rid of all the useless bloat. I can't find anything at all regarding a process of rooting this mother. I've found methods of rooting other ZTE phones (Blade, Open, etc.) but I'm not sure if any of those methods would work for the Unico, and I'd rather know for sure before I go messing around with it.
If anybody could help me out or at least point me in the right direction, I'll promise my first born child in exchange.
Thanks in advance!

sarlash
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs down New zte unico lte z930l comes with hack certificates pre installed +more

I feel you. Except I messed with my unico to no extent even returning one to walmart after tinkering too much. Here are my findings . I happened to get the z930l around launch. Since then I have try every known root method to no success. This phone comes with a locked file system that I never seen wow. Nothing I could do to get mount privilege for the inside . This phone comes pre installed with hundreds of certificates many expired japanese /Chinese hack certificates. Delete all cert with I blank common name. Disable lots of stock ap especially messaging. Then get go sms . Stock message ap has to easy access to changeable service center. Phone uses sure att towers. All phone have different service center number from phone number. If your setting get changed and you don't write or memorize service center number you screwed. Revert te default settings did not fix this. Calling straight talk and on phone with 5 agents for 5 hours did not fix this. IF YOU MESS WITH SERVICE CENTER NUMBER THEN WRITE IT DOWN OR YOU GET PERMANENT SMS DISABLE PLEASE LISTEN TO ME. I was lucky to be in walmart 14 day return. Only thing I like about the harder than necessary locked file system is cops can't install spyware easy at all. Just trust me. If you want a blazing fast always on 4g experience with all but networks then this phone for you. If you want root or privacy on this new coeus board then move along. Trust me.

takkun116
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default just curious

so has anyone figured out a root for this phone?

iamchrist666
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
I just got the ZTE Unico lte (Z930L). I just learned that the phone is the same as the Z998. Has anyone tried to use the root for that phone. I am really interested in trying it but really don't feel like doing it and bricking my phone but really hope someone has tried it so I can check that off the list of things to try.