Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,562 Members 37,710 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

4g/3g Icon While on WiFi

Tip us?

ChrisNee1988
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 52
Default 4g/3g Icon While on WiFi

Anyone know why the 4g/3g icon stays on the status bar while I'm connected to WiFi? My status bar is getting extremely cluttered... On my Galaxy S4, it went away when I disabled caller ID but it didn't work on this phone.

oneandroidnut
Old
Thanks Meter 354
I believe it is just to show you what network you are on. still uses wifi just shows as like a backup if that makes sense
Currents:
Galaxy Note 3 Developer Edition
LG G3
Sold:
OnePlus One 64 GB, HTC One M8, HTC One Max, HTC One, Nexus 7 Flo 32 GB, Google Chromecast, Galaxy S4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Tab 7.0, HTC DNA, HTC Rezound, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Incredible, Xoom 32 GB, Droid Bionic, Droid 2 Global, Droid X2, Droid X

wtoj34
Old
Thanks Meter 147
I think it's a sense thing. All the icons up there are annoying me. At one point I only had 3 notification icons available after blue tooth alarm vibrate battery percent and then there's a couple that pop up and I'm not sure what causes them.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
If I help any one any where at any time, please let me know by clicking thanks!
Current devices: HTC ONE M8, Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Xoom Former devices: Droid X2, Droid Charge, Note 2,

ChrisNee1988
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtoj34 View Post
I think it's a sense thing. All the icons up there are annoying me. At one point I only had 3 notification icons available after blue tooth alarm vibrate battery percent and then there's a couple that pop up and I'm not sure what causes them.

There's one for boomsound and one for NFC, my bar fills up really quick too.

ChrisNee1988
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 52

No room at all for notifications

The Following User Says Thank You to ChrisNee1988 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Preston2291
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtoj34 View Post

It's not a sense thing. It is part of the Caller ID crap that Verizon puts on your phone. It is using your wifi not cell data. If and when we achieve root and you use titanium backup to uninstall the caller ID, it will disappear. My SGS4 had the same thing on it till I rooted and used titanium backup to uninstall. If you disable the caller ID app it may remove the icon.

Sent from my Verizon HTC M8

ChrisNee1988
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston2291 View Post
It's not a sense thing. It is part of the Caller ID crap that Verizon puts on your phone. It is using your wifi not cell data. If and when we achieve root and you use titanium backup to uninstall the caller ID, it will disappear. My SGS4 had the same thing on it till I rooted and used titanium backup to uninstall. If you disable the caller ID app it may remove the icon.

I disabled caller id and it didn't go away.

Preston2291
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
<br />
<br />
I disabled caller id and it didn't go away.
It is part of the app whether disabled or not it may also be integrated into the operating system that's all you had to titanium backup to actually uninstall it

NotATreoFan
Old
Moderator Committee Developer Committee Working for the Weekend
Thanks Meter 4566
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisNee1988 View Post
Anyone know why the 4g/3g icon stays on the status bar while I'm connected to WiFi? My status bar is getting extremely cluttered... On my Galaxy S4, it went away when I disabled caller ID but it didn't work on this phone.
It started for me with the 4.4.2 update on the M7. Guess they carried it over.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Contact the Moderator Committee with any questions or concerns regarding forum moderation.

Please MENTION me if you require semi-prompt assistance. I may not see posts for several hours.

Twitter | Portal | Forum Moderator List