Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,731 Members 40,804 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] OG Battery mod for 4.4.2

Tip us?

Bubba Fett
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 42
Default [Q] OG Battery mod for 4.4.2

I've been doing some research and I don't know if its possible to get OG battery mod on any 4.4.2 rom. I assumed this was not possible yet but I am starting to see new roms with it included. Is this custom work by the devs or is this something that can be added by the user. I understand that the battery is hardcoded now so it can't be as easy as it was for a non-dev to trial an error. I like kitkat but the battery is sooooo bland with xposed options or stock.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bubba Fett For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RockRatt
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3514
Some smali files I believe need to be editied (I could be wrong about the smali files as it may be xml's. ).
It can be done by some people here but probably best left to a dev to adjust it in his ROM. I had found the thread about switching from the XML battery back to Imaged battery thread and sent the link to Shoman. He fixed us right up with his ROM. If you need the link and want to try for yourself let me know and I will find the link again. If I remember correctly it was in the Note3 forums.

Sent From My Spiderman,Ironman,Red,Dark Blue,Green, GreyedOut BadAss Themed I337
The Following User Says Thank You to RockRatt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

C13v3r0n3
Old
Thanks Meter 241

DONATE TO ME
You have to mod smali, add gahreeb folder and 3 smali files.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using xda app-developers app