Post Reply

Question [Q] Root Galaxy note3 N900T 4.3 T-MOBILE Help!

OP abote didier

28th March 2014, 11:54 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Root Galaxy note3 N900T 4.3 T-MOBILE Help

Please help

I tried:

Odin3 v3.07 and CF-Auto-Root-hltetmo-hltetmo-smn900t ( says pass) but I had a problem of reseting phone blocked on ( booting recovery ...)

After I use:

odin3.09 and n900t-cwm-recovery-6.0.4.4(1025) finished ( says pass ) but allways not rooted

What to do ?
28th March 2014, 12:28 PM   |  #2  
Member
St Louis
Thanks Meter: 20
 
73 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abote didier

Root Galaxy note3 N900T 4.3 T-MOBILE Help

Please help

I tried:

Odin3 v3.07 and CF-Auto-Root-hltetmo-hltetmo-smn900t ( says pass) but I had a problem of reseting phone blocked on ( booting recovery ...)

After I use:

odin3.09 and n900t-cwm-recovery-6.0.4.4(1025) finished ( says pass ) but allways not rooted

What to do ?

Here is what I used on both jb and kk. I went to twrp home page and downloaded the latest version (img.tar) and flashed it via Odin 3.09. I then downloaded downloaded the custom ROM and flashed using the recovery. If you are wanting to stay stock with root download the latest version of superSU to your SD card and then flash using the custom recovery.

Here is one thing I found out after updating to KK when holding the buttons to boot into recovery only hold them until you see the text "recovery booting" (or something similar). If you continue to hold, the phone will bootloop and actually turn on. Hope this helps.
28th March 2014, 12:58 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFTony

Here is what I used on both jb and kk. I went to twrp home page and downloaded the latest version (img.tar) and flashed it via Odin 3.09. I then downloaded downloaded the custom ROM and flashed using the recovery. If you are wanting to stay stock with root download the latest version of superSU to your SD card and then flash using the custom recovery.

Here is one thing I found out after updating to KK when holding the buttons to boot into recovery only hold them until you see the text "recovery booting" (or something similar). If you continue to hold, the phone will bootloop and actually turn on. Hope this helps.


please where to download this file please? you said you go to twrp home page, where is it?

Second, you said: If you are wanting to stay stock with root download the latest version of superSU to your SD card and then flash using the custom recovery.
I don't understand what you mean, can we root it without flashing the firmware? only using the latest version of superSU to my SD card and then flash using the custom recovery. that's all.

Other questions:
Oneclic root software can it work with Note 3 N900T 4.3 T-MBIL , Such as: VRoot_1.7.4. or kingo Android root ?
Last edited by abote didier; 28th March 2014 at 01:03 PM.
29th March 2014, 01:22 AM   |  #4  
Member
St Louis
Thanks Meter: 20
 
73 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abote didier

please where to download this file please? you said you go to twrp home page, where is it?

Second, you said: If you are wanting to stay stock with root download the latest version of superSU to your SD card and then flash using the custom recovery.
I don't understand what you mean, can we root it without flashing the firmware? only using the latest version of superSU to my SD card and then flash using the custom recovery. that's all.

Other questions:
Oneclic root software can it work with Note 3 N900T 4.3 T-MBIL , Such as: VRoot_1.7.4. or kingo Android root ?


Twrp: http://teamw.in/project/twrp2

(Make sure you download the correct version for you OS. Kitkat or Jelly Bean. If it were me I would make sure you are updated to KK.) Make sure the file you download is the one ending with img.tar and flash with Odin.

You do not need to flash a custom ROM to achieve root. You can use the base android version and have root. If you want to use a custom ROM there is no need to mess with SuperSU as almost every ROM will have it prebuilt in. If you are ONLY wanting root without changing your ROM then you will need to flash SuperSU using a custom recovery, I prefer twrp.


http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1538053

Here is the link to get the .zip file for the most up to date version of SuperSU.

Here are some instructions:
Flash twrp using Odin
Enter recovery mode (if not sure how to do it, Google it) Make sure you only hols the buttons until the words "recovery booting" appear and then release.
Once in twrp you can then flash your ROM or SuperSU. If you do not know how to use twrp just look it up on YouTube.

Once you have twrp and SuperSU OR a custom ROM you should be rooted.

WARNING: Rooting your phone with my method WILL trip Knox!

Extra questions: I did research and did not trust the companies performing the one click root. It's up to you on who you trust. I have no experience with the one touch rooting, but as long as they say you device is supported by them then you should be good to go.

sm-900t: Powered by X-Note V13

sm-900t: Powered by X-Note V13
Last edited by FFTony; 29th March 2014 at 01:24 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy Note 3 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank