Duo camera issues.

Search This thread

zenisnotchosen

Jul 19, 2008
Dayton, OH
Ah, I see what you mean by tilted now. I don't think any rotational variance makes a difference, in fact I know some lenses are screwed into place so you will have that. For what it's worth mine is in approximately the same position. I hope they get it fixed for you.
If you are on stock recovery and ROM you should be fine.

Men noemt m O

Mar 16, 2011
Ah, okay, it must be something else then. I was actually kinda hoping it was some obvious manufacturing defect. If it's going to repairs I'll share the results, but I asked them for a new copy because I haven't even really started using this one.

zainabahmd

Jun 19, 2014
I'm facing the same issue. I tried using the phone on safe mode, but the problem still persists. Any other solution?

cz4r3n

Apr 28, 2011
I saw the thread not resolve.So, I decided to share the solution.
It is a hardware issue,change the camera module.

Attachments

• 10622832_661934757246983_5406951450428470457_n.jpg
    10622832_661934757246983_5406951450428470457_n.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 2,983
  • 227674_661934783913647_264720959395620860_n.jpg
    227674_661934783913647_264720959395620860_n.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 2,516

RobEmenecker

Jan 26, 2015
Baltimore, MD
Same issue just started this morning

I just started experiencing the same issue with the "duo camera blocked" message. I removed the case and cleaned the lens, no difference. I had read before of apps interfering with normal camera functionality and was about to uninstall recently installed apps. Before doing so, I went back to the camera to try it again. In the process I accidentally switched to video mode. When I switched back to regular camera mode the problem resolved! Try switching to video mode, then switch back to standard camera!

Dervo

Aug 24, 2015
I used to work for an HTC insurance subsidiary as a repair technician. The real solution to this problem is to have the camera calibrated. When the rear facing camera is detached from the upper board or if the upper board is detached from the motherboard in the replacement process you will have to recalibrat it. when the rear camera is not calibrated properly it will not recognize duo focus and you will not be able to access several additional features that requires the use of duo focus. Because of security clearance issues I'm not able to provide the proper software to calibrate the camera to work. Sorry. But I thought everyone should know, nothing you guys are doing is wrong . The damn thing seriously just needs to be recalibrated.

Reactions: Sansiro2

Sansiro2

Nov 20, 2015
Thanks mate, that makes sense. Typical htc they will not tell you the reason for this happening but will get you to send it in, thereby forever keeping people in mystery as to why this happened. Just like the pink tint disaster on the m7 which we now worked out was a hardware problem. Yet their lack on communication meant that people would argue on the forum whether it was hardware or software. Htc phones are so badly made it's shameful.

By the way what was the name of the software that was used to calibrate duo camera?

1droidmod

Feb 12, 2013
Sioux Falls
News to me I tried it and got no error. Your devices are defective just throw them away and get a different one. :D J/K http://www.htc.com/ca/support/htc-one-m8/howto/466078.html there are a lot of ideas out there you'll just have to experiment and if nothing else throw your phone away and get a new one. (send it back and have them describe why this happened and what the soultion/solutions are):cool:

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just got my M8 today, played with it for a couple of hours before unlocking the bootloader. Restored titanium backup after unlocking, everything was fine until I opened the camera. I also keep getting the "duo camera blocked" warning, I tried taking pictures for an hour straight but the warning persists and I can't use U-focus or any other duo feature on every picture I take.

I'm on stock ROM and recovery and unrooted. Tried to restoring factory settings, no success. Just updated to the newest firmware (1.54.401.10) via OTA but still no working duo camera.

Should I sent it back for repairs (with relocked bootloader) or has someone found a solution for this problem?
    I'm facing the same issue. I tried using the phone on safe mode, but the problem still persists. Any other solution?

I didn't find any solution for the problem. I returned the phone and they immediately send back a new phone so I don't know if HTC could repair it or what exactly was wrong with the old one.
    I used to work for an HTC insurance subsidiary as a repair technician. The real solution to this problem is to have the camera calibrated. When the rear facing camera is detached from the upper board or if the upper board is detached from the motherboard in the replacement process you will have to recalibrat it. when the rear camera is not calibrated properly it will not recognize duo focus and you will not be able to access several additional features that requires the use of duo focus. Because of security clearance issues I'm not able to provide the proper software to calibrate the camera to work. Sorry. But I thought everyone should know, nothing you guys are doing is wrong . The damn thing seriously just needs to be recalibrated.