No registration required

Sagging sales...really?

OP Reckoning

25th November 2013, 05:55 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25

111 posts
http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2...s-markets.html

Gee, I wonder why sales are below expected in the US? Could it be Best Buy's epic failure at promoting the product? The people at BB should be running the NSA; they're better at keeping secrets.

Maybe LG should just rename it the Area 51 Pad...lots of people have heard of it but BB continues to deny it's existence.
Last edited by Reckoning; 25th November 2013 at 06:06 AM.
25th November 2013, 06:17 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 91

444 posts
No kidding! The Best Buy help weren't aware of it and took forever to find it in "the cage".
25th November 2013, 06:44 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 297

844 posts
More
LG has officially jumped the shark.
25th November 2013, 12:23 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 6

79 posts
I don't know who is to blame LG or Best Buy or both but it does make you scratch you head in wonder how they plan to sell this tablet based on current marketing an store display. Why give Best Buy an exclusive if they don't plan to display it and sell it? They need to get this in more stores out on display. They also need to drop 30-50 off the price here in the states if they want it to sell it needs to be cheaper than the first iPad mini and the Samsung Tab 3 8 regardless of the specs and it being a better product most Americans don't know specs they know brand name and price.
25th November 2013, 01:16 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 27

584 posts
Ya, BB has this thing in their phone department next to the G2. Like what?
They need this over with the other tablets, let alone the other 8" tablets. Luckily I knew where to look so i can get a hands on before deciding on a purchase online
25th November 2013, 01:19 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 6

79 posts
The two BB near me do not even have it out in the phone area they have a picture of it in the G2 display but not the actual device.
25th November 2013, 01:56 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 14

151 posts
It does feel like that what is otherwise a fantastic tablet will again fail to sell properly. Just like the Samsung 7.7 did in its time. You have to wonder...
25th November 2013, 02:43 PM   |  #8  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 78

558 posts
More
BB has no interest in promoting specific products. If the G Pad fails, it makes no difference to them. They are just as happy selling an iPad or a Samsung Note. LG is the one who loses when this product is a flop. It's up to LG to make sure that retailers sell the product. If they made the product attractive to BB, then BB would sell it. The real problem is that LG has not advertised the product, they've priced it too high, and they haven't provided the right incentives to retailers.

A retailer isn't going to give shelf space or attention to a product that is as poorly marketed as the G Pad. If a lot of people were coming into the store asking for it, BB would pay more attention. It's LG who's keeping the product a secret. BB is just following their lead.

And why are BB and Newegg the only authorized dealers?? Why isn't Amazon, Target, Costco, Sam's Club and Walmart selling this? Where are the magazine and TV ads? The billboards? The point of sale kiosks, etc? LG seems to have no serious interest in this product. Any product that was as poorly marketed as this one would fail in the market.
The Following User Says Thank You to woody1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th November 2013, 05:47 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 91

444 posts
At least my local Best Buy has a white one up for display *in the phone section* away from all the other tablets and readers.
27th November 2013, 02:44 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 38

194 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBigs

At least my local Best Buy has a white one up for display *in the phone section* away from all the other tablets and readers.

I got mine on release date. They didn't have any on display and only one left in stock (other than the one that the guy tried to sell me the display unit and then noticed the computer said it was $1000 for it).

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread