Ask a question

No registration required

Battery saving tip

OP bklm1234

15th March 2014, 03:08 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 39

190 posts
When I'm not going to use my tablet for a while, e.g. a few hours or when I sleep, I do a clear-all recent apps. That has worked well. For example, last night before bed, my gpad was fully charged, I long-pressed the home button to bring up recent apps, did a clear-all, turned off the screen and went to bed. I woke up this morning and found the battery at 98%. I streamed some news for 5-7 mins or so. Before I left the house around 6:40am, I did a clear-all again and shut the screen. I came back around 5:50pm. The battery was at 96%. I hope this helps your battery during idle too.

PS: every so often I do a reboot esp when I feel battery is draining peculiarly fast. I do that with my Note 3 every few days also.
Last edited by bklm1234; 15th March 2014 at 03:11 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bklm1234 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th March 2014, 10:35 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 4

84 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bklm1234

When I'm not going to use my tablet for a while, e.g. a few hours or when I sleep, I do a clear-all recent apps. That has worked well. For example, last night before bed, my gpad was fully charged, I long-pressed the home button to bring up recent apps, did a clear-all, turned off the screen and went to bed. I woke up this morning and found the battery at 98%. I streamed some news for 5-7 mins or so. Before I left the house around 6:40am, I did a clear-all again and shut the screen. I came back around 5:50pm. The battery was at 96%. I hope this helps your battery during idle too.

PS: every so often I do a reboot esp when I feel battery is draining peculiarly fast. I do that with my Note 3 every few days also.

You can underclock your CPU.
20th March 2014, 12:23 AM   |  #3  
Flag Nicosia
Thanks Meter: 39

445 posts
More
To be honest guys the battery life of mt G pad is amazing, last forever really, no need to underclock , no need to close recent apps , i am very very happy with it. Its even better than the ipad2 of my wife , which ipad 2 had extremely good battery.

Cheers

Vatis
20th March 2014, 11:55 AM   |  #4  
Flag Belfast
Thanks Meter: 23

127 posts
More
Greenify does this automatically.
21st March 2014, 04:42 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 8

70 posts
More
Tried this, but it didn't work for me. My battery life is horrendous. As a test I closed my folio cover at 10 last night without clearing recent items. At 5:30am it had lost 10% battery life. I then cleared recent tasks. And at 6:30pm, 13 hours later it had lost another 8% battery life.

I have battery saving mode set to On starting from midnight to 6am. Yet it's not kicking in because at 5:30am when I checked it there were new notifications. Wifi is supposed to be disabled during this.

Any help would be appreciated.
21st March 2014, 04:16 PM   |  #6  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 78

557 posts
More
I just turn mine off before I go to bed at night and, if necessary, charge it overnight. Doesn't take long to boot up and everything is running clean in the morning. Plus, I think it's better for the battery to charge with the phone off.
22nd March 2014, 10:34 AM   |  #7  
Flag Hvidovre
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
More
disable wireless
I don't have any paritcular problems with power consumpition on my g-pad, but i generally found the best way to save battery in night is to disable wifi, bluetooth, gps and sync, and on other devices mobile data.

If you are on Cyanogenmod this is very easy done by setting up a profile - this also adds the benefit of beeing able to lower sound volume, change lockscreen security and a few other things.
22nd March 2014, 02:34 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 142

573 posts
More
My gpad with aokp have a decent battery life. Not exceptional, but good enough for me. Atleast i can reach 6.30/7h screen on time with 2 days of use (most of this time, reading ebooks, and surfing web. Screen on 50% brightness or less)
24th March 2014, 04:14 AM   |  #9  
Flag Fujian,China
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
I would try your suggestion. thx

Sent from my LG-V500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
24th March 2014, 08:47 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 15

77 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vatis24

To be honest guys the battery life of mt G pad is amazing, last forever really, no need to underclock , no need to close recent apps , i am very very happy with it. Its even better than the ipad2 of my wife , which ipad 2 had extremely good battery.

Cheers

Vatis

Agreed. My nexus 7 (2013) kept draining the battery, no matter what ROM I used and what apps I had installed. Every ROM, at some point, started to drain and it got old very fast. No problems with the G pad on the stock rom or custom rom.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread