Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,599 Members 38,641 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to get 9005 ROMS working on TMOBILE GN3

Tip us?

mocsab
Old
(Last edited by mocsab; 28th October 2013 at 07:52 PM.) Reason: CLeanned up OP
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 618
Default How to get 9005 ROMS working on TMOBILE GN3

It looks like it has gotten much easier to get BLUE TOOTH and WIFI working when you flash roms originally made for 9005 GN3 on a TMOBILE GN3.

First Step is go over and dowload the Bluetooth fix posted in the Stainless ROM in TMOBILE ANDROID DEVELOPMENT Forum http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2499593 Make sure you click thanks on the Dev who made this possible! MISCOM did a real service when she came up with this fix....

Step Two - flash the 9005 ROM of your choice (I have done this for both BOB CAT and OMEGA ROMS)

Step 3 - Flash ROM -

STEP FOUR Flash BLUE TOOTH FIX

Step Five - Flash TMOBILE KERNEL - I flashed Compulsive Ultimate 5.0 - don't know if it is absolutely necessary to this entire fix, but that is what I did anyway ....

Step 6 REBOOT

Step 7 Say thanks to the DEV who created the BLUE TOOTH FIX

GOOD LUCK

Whatever you do - make sure you give thanks to the DEV who created the BLUETOOTH FIX
My Phone Galaxy S5 G900T
My Rom: Alliance 5.1
My Recovery: TWRP
Kernel: KT-SGS5 - with KTWEAKER
My Carrier - ATT

Former Devices: ☆Galaxy Note 3☆HTC ONE☆Galaxy S IV☆Galaxy Note II☆Galaxy S3☆EVO 4g LTE☆Nexus☆Epic 4G☆Treo(W)☆Palm Treo☆(P)
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mocsab For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cwalker0906
Old
Thanks Meter 230
This does work for wifi but bluetooth still does not work....also tried the same thing with the bluetooth folder but it didnt work

mocsab
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwalker0906 View Post
This does work for wifi but bluetooth still does not work....also tried the same thing with the bluetooth folder but it didnt work
I didn't realize Bluetooth wasn't working -just tried it myself and you are correct. Hopefully someone can help us get this figured out - there must be a way....
My Phone Galaxy S5 G900T
My Carrier - ATT

Former Devices: ☆Galaxy Note 3☆HTC ONE☆Galaxy S IV☆Galaxy Note II☆Galaxy S3☆EVO 4g LTE☆Nexus☆Epic 4G☆Treo(W)☆Palm Treo☆(P)

cwalker0906
Old
Thanks Meter 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by mocsab View Post
I didn't realize Bluetooth wasn't working -just tried it myself and you are correct. Hopefully someone can help us get this figured out - there must be a way....
There has to be a way....just one that I xant figure out with my limited ability....surprised there is not more interest in this....on the s4 I never used a tmobile rom...to much stutter but international update fixed it.....we shall see

mocsab
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwalker0906 View Post
There has to be a way....just one that I xant figure out with my limited ability....surprised there is not more interest in this....on the s4 I never used a tmobile rom...to much stutter but international update fixed it.....we shall see
I agree. The various varients (International and Tmobile anyway) phones are so similar - nearly the exact same phone, right? The only difference that I know of is the radio and the modem software - right? - but on the S4 - it was virtually possible to flash any International ROM on both ATT and TMOBILE phones even some kernels were interchangeable - hopefully, someone with a lot more brains than I have will come up with a quick and easy solution - we are so close.....fingers crossed....
My Phone Galaxy S5 G900T
My Carrier - ATT

The Following User Says Thank You to mocsab For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aalupatti
Old
Thanks Meter 418
@mocsab , thanks for opening this thread... Very valuable information
Hopefully the bluetooth issue gets sorted out too

flashcity90
Old
Thanks Meter 36
thanks been wanting to get a international rom on this for awhile!

turilo
Old
(Last edited by turilo; 20th October 2013 at 11:40 PM.)
Thanks Meter 737

DONATE TO ME
Damn you beat me to it lol i was just going to try this myself since i used to port n7100 note 2 roms to the att note 2, ill see about bluetooth

hmm wonder if same method for note 2 will work for borked bluetooth on note 3
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to turilo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

turilo
Old
Thanks Meter 737

DONATE TO ME
does usb mount on omega work for you guys?

Tweezydak1d
Old
Thanks Meter 79

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Samsung Galaxy Nexus / HTC Amaze 4G/ T-Mobile Galaxy S II / HTC Sensation 4G / MyTouch 4G / T-Mobile G2 / Dell Streak / Samsung Captivate / Nexus One / T-Mobile G1