Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,211 Members 53,243 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[XMS] [MANY FIRMWARES] Deodex & SUPERUSERMOD

Tip us?

gamer649
Old
(Last edited by gamer649; 19th July 2014 at 08:20 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 333

DONATE TO ME
Default [XMS] [MANY FIRMWARES] Deodex & SUPERUSERMOD

DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for you bricking your phone, applications stopping working on you phone or data wipes what may happen during the installs of these files. You are installing them at your own risk. Please make backups of the original files as I won't supply you with them.

Hi, I've deodexed the /system partition to the most recent update (at the time of writing), 15.4.A.1.9, of the Sony Xperia M SINGLE SIM.

The files have been taken from the C1904 ftf, but will work perfectly fine on the C1905 too. The deodexed files come in a neat .zip for if you have an unlocked bootloader, if you don't have an unlocked bootloader please refer to this guide on how to push the files to your device.

I have also modified the services.jar file to enable SUPERUSERMOD, just push the new file to your device and enjoy. You also need to be deodexed to use SUPERUSERMOD.

I will keep this thread updated if any new firmwares get released. Just check back after about a day and I should have them up for you.

15.4.A.0.23 Files:
Deodexed files
services.jar

15.4.A.1.9 Files:
Deodexed files
services.jar
My Devices:
My Phone: Sony Xperia Z1 Compact | ROM: Modified Stock | Base Firmware/BuildNumber: 14.4.A.0.108 | Android Version: 4.4.4 | Kernel: Stock (Unlockable Bootloader) | Network: giffgaff Stolen
My Tablet: Google Nexus 7 (2012) | ROM: CM11 | Base Firmware/Build Number: 11-20140527-NIGHTLY-grouper | Android Version: 4.4.4 | Kernel: CM11 | Network: N/A
Backup/Development Phone: Sony Xperia M C1905
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to gamer649 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

StraightEdgeKid
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Thanks buddy!!!

Sent from my C1904 using Tapatalk

mindyabiznis
Old
(Last edited by mindyabiznis; 18th June 2014 at 12:39 PM.)
Thanks Meter 15
something wrong with this superusermod when i install it i lose full root access

i also had this exact same problem with the last 4.3 update

gamer649
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 333

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindyabiznis View Post
something wrong with this superusermod when i install it i lose full root access

i also had this exact same problem with the last 4.3 update
Really? I haven't had a problem with SUPERUSERMOD. Can you tell me the exact steps you took to install it?
My Devices:
My Phone: Sony Xperia Z1 Compact | ROM: Modified Stock | Base Firmware/BuildNumber: 14.4.A.0.108 | Android Version: 4.4.4 | Kernel: Stock (Unlockable Bootloader) | Network: giffgaff Stolen
My Tablet: Google Nexus 7 (2012) | ROM: CM11 | Base Firmware/Build Number: 11-20140527-NIGHTLY-grouper | Android Version: 4.4.4 | Kernel: CM11 | Network: N/A

mindyabiznis
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer649 View Post
Really? I haven't had a problem with SUPERUSERMOD. Can you tell me the exact steps you took to install it?
yeah sure, i have a hardlocked bootloader so i just pushed the services.jar file through adb but after i reboot i LOSE the ability to edit system files or mount/edit permissions using any root explorer.

ive fully deodexed following the guide using adb also.

im thinkin i should just deodex and leave out the superusermod as i actually have access to system files then

gamer649
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 333

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindyabiznis View Post
yeah sure, i have a hardlocked bootloader so i just pushed the services.jar file through adb but after i reboot i LOSE the ability to edit system files or mount/edit permissions using any root explorer.

ive fully deodexed following the guide using adb also.

im thinkin i should just deodex and leave out the superusermod as i actually have access to system files then
Do you still have the superSU (or superuser) app installed? If so, can you connect to the computer and run the adb shell command followed by the SU command?
My Devices:

mindyabiznis
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Do you still have the superSU (or superuser) app installed? If so, can you connect to the computer and run the adb shell command followed by the SU command?
erm it seems to be working now... i have no idea why i had the problem, but ive just reflashed the latest firmware rooted, su-ed, busyboxed, fixed root, deodexed and then done the mod and it all seems to be working fine now

my phone has been an absolute nightmare though to be honest, problem after problem - locked bootloaders are a nightmare

CuriousPhysicist
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Thumbs up Works as a charm

Gamer649, I flashed the zip and my phone is deoxed now

Thank you for your kindness bro

syedafzal.shah
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousPhysicist View Post
Gamer649, I flashed the zip and my phone is deoxed now

Thank you for your kindness bro
How to deodxed? Should I flash the superuser mod and Deodxed in CWM?
XPERIA M(SS)

Currently Running Stock 4.3(15.4.A.1.9) With Unlocked Bootloader and Root DEODEXED

gamer649
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 333

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by syedafzal.shah View Post
How to deodxed? Should I flash the superuser mod and Deodxed in CWM?

Quote:
The deodexed files come in a neat .zip for if you have an unlocked bootloader, if you don't have an unlocked bootloader please refer to this guide on how to push the files to your device.

I have also modified the services.jar file to enable SUPERUSERMOD, just push the new file to your device and enjoy. You also need to be deodexed to use SUPERUSERMOD.
If you had referred to the OP you would have found that the deodexed .zip can be flashed in CWM whereas the SUPERUSERMOD has to be pushed manually.

Sent from my C1905 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
My Devices: