Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,150 Members 44,376 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Android 4.4.3 Already in Testing, Report Says :D

Tip us?

rockerblood
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 208
Default Android 4.4.3 Already in Testing, Report Says :D

Google is already testing its next Android KitKat update, according to a tweet posted by @LlabTooFeR,*who has accurately reported on the mobile industry in the past. The update, Android 4.4.3, allegedly carriers the build number KTU72B and may fix a number of things, but will reportedly also focus on a camera bug in the Nexus 5. That phone has been constantly knocked for having a mediocre camera, and earlier updates have tried to fix issues.

In fact, way back in December Google launched Android 4.4.1 which was supposed to clean up the Nexus 5 camera. It still isnít quite up to snuff, however, and earlier this month Google promised that an update*with a fix for the camera was on the way. We think itís also possible that Google could just issue an update for that specific phone, instead of dedicating an entire Android release for a single device, so itís possible there are other performance enhancements and tweaks under the hood that we just donít know about yet.

So far it sounds like Android 4.4.3 is relatively minor, which means you wonít have to fret if youíre picking up a new flagship that might not receive an update for many more months. The next major update probably wonít come until June, when Google may introduce it during its annual I/O developers conference.

SOURCE LLABTOOFER
VIA PHONEARENA

Sent from my IM-A820L using Tapatalk
Device: Pantech Sky Vega LTE EX [IM-A820L]
Android Ver: 4.2.2
Recovery: CWM 6.0.1.2
ROM: Mokee RC5+GS3
Backup: MIUI V5

HenrikE
Old
Thanks Meter 99
Nice, that means that we can expect a new version in the repositories of CM, Omnirom etc. quite soon!

Chad_Petree
Old
Thanks Meter 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenrikE View Post
Nice, that means that we can expect a new version in the repositories of CM, Omnirom etc. quite soon!
Im thinking (hoping) we will get a new camera app, Google acknowledged the Nexus 5 camera bug and maybe it's just a conspiracy theory of mine, but the New HTC One (M8) has a lot of camera features in sense , not to mention the depth sensor and they said they were working with google to support it on the Google Play Edition of the M8 , and this version just happens to be released in 2-3 weeks, you can just preorder it, what do you guys think?

hedgegee
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Man they spit them out fast

Kiltastix
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad_Petree View Post
Im thinking (hoping) we will get a new camera app, Google acknowledged the Nexus 5 camera bug and maybe it's just a conspiracy theory of mine, but the New HTC One (M8) has a lot of camera features in sense , not to mention the depth sensor and they said they were working with google to support it on the Google Play Edition of the M8 , and this version just happens to be released in 2-3 weeks, you can just preorder it, what do you guys think?
Ha. You never know. Hopefully, we will see some awesome spike in camera performance... Not on the HTC One M8 level, but certainly a boost...

Now if only they could fix the Moto G camera... Hahaha.

dhudgson
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hope that this update makes the camera better, that is the only thing I think anyone could complain.