Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

YU Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Is it worth rooting/ unlocking the Z1?

OP Paradelle

30th March 2014, 10:19 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Scotland
Thanks Meter: 83

145 posts
More
Hi guys.

I've just got my Z1, coming from a Nexus 5 (great phone, just fancied trying something a bit classier.) I guess that my question is a simple one: I rooted and installed a custom ROM on the N5 almost immediately. The ROMs and kernels available for it made a real difference, especially with regards to battery life. Thing is, the Z1's battery, performance and obviously camera on stock 4.4.2 already outperforms the N5 with my favourite custom ROM/kernel combination. With this in mind, would you recommend rooting and installed a custom ROM on the Z1?

Thanks in advance.
30th March 2014, 10:41 PM   |  #2  
Flag CAT
Thanks Meter: 133

337 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradelle

Hi guys.

I've just got my Z1, coming from a Nexus 5 (great phone, just fancied trying something a bit classier.) I guess that my question is a simple one: I rooted and installed a custom ROM on the N5 almost immediately. The ROMs and kernels available for it made a real difference, especially with regards to battery life. Thing is, the Z1's battery, performance and obviously camera on stock 4.4.2 already outperforms the N5 with my favourite custom ROM/kernel combination. With this in mind, would you recommend rooting and installed a custom ROM on the Z1?

Thanks in advance.

If you are content with how stock is then just stay with it but if you feel like its lacking in some parts and could be better with custom roms, go ahead. I always root mine btw, just to debloat it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ahki767 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th March 2014, 10:52 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Scotland
Thanks Meter: 83

145 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahki767

If you are content with how stock is then just stay with it but if you feel like its lacking in some parts and could be better with custom roms, go ahead. I always root mine btw, just to debloat it.

Thanks for the reply. The Z1 is a lovely phone. Very fast, with a great battery. I've just discovered that an alpha build of PA has just been posted for the Z1, so I may have to root/ unlock to have a play!
30th March 2014, 10:57 PM   |  #4  
Flag CAT
Thanks Meter: 133

337 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradelle

Thanks for the reply. The Z1 is a lovely phone. Very fast, with a great battery. I've just discovered that an alpha build of PA has just been posted for the Z1, so I may have to root/ unlock to have a play!

Aight man. Just make sure to backup your ta before unlocking and you're good to go
30th March 2014, 11:45 PM   |  #5  
Planet Earth
Thanks Meter: 617

2,984 posts
Root on the Z1 is a matter of Life, it cannot be without it. For Custom Roms depends of the user needs. Z1 Stock 4.3 Rom actually working very well, nothing to say.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread