FORUMS

Xposed 3.0 Alpha 3 Released

A new alpha for the Xposed framework is out and brings several bug fixes. You’ll only need to flash … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 18 – 25)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Custom ROMs vs. Modular Tweaks

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to … more

AOSP 5.1 Lollipop for Nexus Q

Google Nexus Q is an intriguing device released with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. It was abandoned by … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Is it worth rooting/ unlocking the Z1?

30th March 2014, 09:19 PM |#1  
Paradelle's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Scotland
Thanks Meter: 90
 
More
Hi guys.

I've just got my Z1, coming from a Nexus 5 (great phone, just fancied trying something a bit classier.) I guess that my question is a simple one: I rooted and installed a custom ROM on the N5 almost immediately. The ROMs and kernels available for it made a real difference, especially with regards to battery life. Thing is, the Z1's battery, performance and obviously camera on stock 4.4.2 already outperforms the N5 with my favourite custom ROM/kernel combination. With this in mind, would you recommend rooting and installed a custom ROM on the Z1?

Thanks in advance.
 
 
30th March 2014, 09:41 PM |#2  
Ahki767's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag CAT
Thanks Meter: 135
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradelle

Hi guys.

I've just got my Z1, coming from a Nexus 5 (great phone, just fancied trying something a bit classier.) I guess that my question is a simple one: I rooted and installed a custom ROM on the N5 almost immediately. The ROMs and kernels available for it made a real difference, especially with regards to battery life. Thing is, the Z1's battery, performance and obviously camera on stock 4.4.2 already outperforms the N5 with my favourite custom ROM/kernel combination. With this in mind, would you recommend rooting and installed a custom ROM on the Z1?

Thanks in advance.

If you are content with how stock is then just stay with it but if you feel like its lacking in some parts and could be better with custom roms, go ahead. I always root mine btw, just to debloat it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ahki767 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th March 2014, 09:52 PM |#3  
Paradelle's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Scotland
Thanks Meter: 90
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahki767

If you are content with how stock is then just stay with it but if you feel like its lacking in some parts and could be better with custom roms, go ahead. I always root mine btw, just to debloat it.

Thanks for the reply. The Z1 is a lovely phone. Very fast, with a great battery. I've just discovered that an alpha build of PA has just been posted for the Z1, so I may have to root/ unlock to have a play!
30th March 2014, 09:57 PM |#4  
Ahki767's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag CAT
Thanks Meter: 135
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradelle

Thanks for the reply. The Z1 is a lovely phone. Very fast, with a great battery. I've just discovered that an alpha build of PA has just been posted for the Z1, so I may have to root/ unlock to have a play!

Aight man. Just make sure to backup your ta before unlocking and you're good to go
30th March 2014, 10:45 PM |#5  
eclyptos's Avatar
Senior Member
Planet Earth
Thanks Meter: 620
 
More
Root on the Z1 is a matter of Life, it cannot be without it. For Custom Roms depends of the user needs. Z1 Stock 4.3 Rom actually working very well, nothing to say.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes