Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,424 Members 36,128 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Moto G sometimes won't recharge from pc usb port

Tip us?

thatnitai
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Moto G sometimes won't recharge from pc usb port

My gf bought a moto g and it's working good in general, but weirdly, it has some problems charging off some usb ports or other chargers. I have a generic charger for my htc one for example, which the moto g won't charge off of. I also have a generic USB cable form which I can charge my HTC one or my mom's samsung s2, but with the moto g, something odd happens - it starts charging for a few seconds but then stops charging, just enough time to show the "phone connected as media storage" notification. I tried one time turning the media storage mode off to see if that might be the problem, and it seemed to work, but after a while we saw it stopped charging. The battery also dropped like 40% during the night and that amazing battery should not even drop like 5%, but that seems to be just battery statistics being corrupted or something, not a real problem probably need to let them reset.

Anyone here had a similar experience? Any fixes?

lost101
Old
Thanks Meter 889
The phone will not charge using certain cables. You may also need to install the drivers on the PC.
https://motorola-global-portal.custh...50/action/auth

thatnitai
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
I see, it might be driver related when charging from the PC does problem, but isn't it still odd that some generic AC chargers don't work for the moto g while they do for other phones (like htc one)? Should we be worried it might be hardware related?

padhu1989
Old
Thanks Meter 75
I got the problem too with some USB data Cable... Samsung data cable is working for me

Sent from my XT1033 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app