How to fix no SIM card error after rom installation.

Search This thread
Ok u flashed a rom and have No SIM inserted or no service or that kind of error.I found this fix trying out things for myself.Take out your SIM card ,turn on airplane mode,reinsert it and turn off your phone(not reboot but power off).Wait for 1 minute and power it back on.Tada!Should be fixed!:fingers-crossed:

robermaldo

Aug 16, 2011
Thank you!

Thank you so much! I was worried I was going to have to try one of the more complicated fixes I've seen here. I was puzzled because after performing Joseph230's procedure to root and "convert" an S4 from AT&T to T-Mobile (http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s4-att/general/convert-i337-to-m919-wifi-caling-t2896719) everything seemed fine and I reinstalled all my apps. Then, I get the "No SIM inserted" error out of nowhere!

After much researching I was losing hope of finding a fix guaranteed to work. Then I found your post and it worked like a charm! :highfive:

robermaldo

zmankiller

Oct 13, 2014
Portland
Thank You

Im so glad that this worked because I was losing hope that my imei or something was broken and I git scared then I found this and it actually worked :D I thought it was because 5.1.1 or something anyways thanks for the help I actually loged in my XDA account just to post that cause I just always use the browser

CZroe

Nov 13, 2011
Newnan, GA
A coworker brought me his G2 that I have taken apart to fix many times before because it was having problems charging and turning on (black screen; rhythmic buzz from the vibration motor). I worked around that to get it booted temporarily but then the SIM connection seemed to suddenly fail. I replaced the motherboard entirely because some charge/power issues persisted and everything works perfectly EXCEPT that the replacement also doesn't see the SIM. Both are running stock LG Verizon Lollipop (assumed installed by OTA). No one was playing around with alternate ROMs or anything. None of the fixes in this thread help. The SIM slot is on the board so I hesitate to assume that the charge, mic, headphone flex PCB has something to do with it, but it is the only major common component (even replaced the screen again along with the battery, speaker, etc while leaving out useless components). Any suggestions?

Long version:
After a previous screen replacement it would only buzz when attempting to turn on or buzz repeatedly when attempting to charge until I loosened the black screw near the battery connector. I definitely narrowed it down to that particular screw, though I still couldn't say why (the previous tech who replaced the screen may have shorted the battery terminal near there). When he brought it back to me it was doing the same thing again even with the screw completely removed. Within minutes I had it booting just by poking around. Not sure what I did but I had to take it apart and poke around again to get it to come on after making the mistake of turning it off (went right back to buzzing). I'm pretty sure that the SIM card worked because he received a couple text messages when I first got it turned on (phone hadn't been booted in a day). After getting it to turn on I had to leave it on while reassembling, so I put the SIM tray back in when I was done. The owner was watching and asked why the status bar showed an "X" on the signal strength, so I told him that it was because you had to reboot after reinserting a SIM on most Android devices (as opposed to dual-SIM and iPhone devices). Though I couldn't turn off without causing the power problem, I could safely restart. Unfortunately, restarting only gave me the "Insert SIM" message at boot and nothing I could do would get it to see the inserted SIM. I tried many SIM cards but none worked. I replaced the motherboard expecting it to be a solution to both problems but only the power problems went away. The SIM card issue remained even though the SIM slot is built into the part I replaced and the part I purchased is supposed to be guaranteed, tested, clean IMEI, etc. I'm at a loss. I've taken out every unrelated component and replaced the screen again and replaced the battery so about the only thing that is common is the flex PCB with the mic, headphone jack, display connectors, etc running through it. Not sure how that could be a factor, but I'm replacing it too. In the mean time, does anyone have any suggestions for what could be wrong?

Reactions: harrylessner

CZroe

Nov 13, 2011
Newnan, GA
Update: A new mic/USB/headphone flex PCB fixed it. I'm not sure how that can cause the SIM card to not be detected, but I conclusively tested and that was definitely the problematic component: No SIM card detected on either motherboard with the old flex PCB, SIM card detected fine on both motherboards with the replacement flex PCB.

ifhi

Dec 18, 2013
karachi
Ok u flashed a rom and have No SIM inserted or no service or that kind of error.I found this fix trying out things for myself.Take out your SIM card ,turn on airplane mode,reinsert it and turn off your phone(not reboot but power off).Wait for 1 minute and power it back on.Tada!Should be fixed!:fingers-crossed:
thanks bro fixed d801

Volgamer

Feb 2, 2016
Update: A new mic/USB/headphone flex PCB fixed it. I'm not sure how that can cause the SIM card to not be detected, but I conclusively tested and that was definitely the problematic component: No SIM card detected on either motherboard with the old flex PCB, SIM card detected fine on both motherboards with the replacement flex PCB.

Hello, is your LG G2 still working with the new PCB flex?

SUBHRENDU

Feb 29, 2016
i've done flash rom on Mtv Slash 3G 512 RAM Tablet, but no sim detected ....& i've followed your suggestion but no solution made...!!!

Shujja Haider

Jun 8, 2014
I had spent more than one month using CM13 based ROM thinking its ROM based issue. but this resolved the issue.
But now no sim issue has been resolved yet no mobile signals are working... :confused:

Last edited:

Trystar360

Jul 4, 2016
I have a vs980 or the Verizon lg g2. It bought it unlocked and I use T-Mobile. The data worked when I was on the stock os. I then got cm13 and everything worked good accept it wouldnt see my sim card or it would say no signal. And it had no info on the sim card in the about phone settings. So I tried a few other nightlys and nothing worked. I went down to cm12 and still I got the same error. I tried what you said here multiple times and it doesn't seem to help. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Trystar360

Jul 4, 2016
I have a vs980 or the Verizon lg g2. It bought it unlocked and I use T-Mobile. The data worked when I was on the stock os. I then got cm13 and everything worked good accept it wouldnt see my sim card or it would say no signal. And it had no info on the sim card in the about phone settings. So I tried a few other nightlys and nothing worked. I went down to cm12 and still I got the same error. I tried what you said here multiple times and it doesn't seem to help. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I found a fix! Go into settings and select Mobile networks. When your in there there should be a "preferred network type" change that to global and there you go. Now I couldn't get that to work on cm13 because the settings would crash when you try to go into mobile networks. But I got it to work on cm12 just fine

lalit7956

Nov 11, 2016
dear sir. I have samsung galaxy grand duos i9082. i have installed custom rom 5.1.1 but after booting with new custom rom no sim card is coming. i have seen your valuable method and done as u said but it is not working on my phone. i have tried two to three time but no. i don't know how to fix it. Sir I have tried all custom rom cm12,cm13, 600, 4.4.4. but in all custom rom i found no sim card. i dont know what to do?

Last edited:

Yolosologuy

Oct 13, 2016
Bangalore
But I can't take my SIM OUT WITHOUT TAKING OUT THE BATTERY!!

I have a galaxy note 3 -n900 I flashed CM13 after which my phone keeps saying SIM removed/inserted... And I can't remove my SIM without taking out my battery. Also my IEMI no. is correct. So no problem there

elSueco

Nov 26, 2015
THANKS!!!

I've spent the last three weeks dealing with various radio bugs and issues, clearing preferences, wiping caches, factory resetting, and installing clean ROMs. All it took is to set the thing into airplane mode? You've got to be kidding me!

Thanks a lot for the solution hackarchive! :good::good::good:

Mar 31, 2017

hey bro i have LG G Pro 2 and i am facing this problem right now.
I cant remove sim without removing battery.
So please help me here.

Nitin L.

Apr 9, 2017
sim no detection on leeco le2

Your solution not working on my leeco le2 . please suggested me another solution.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A coworker brought me his G2 that I have taken apart to fix many times before because it was having problems charging and turning on (black screen; rhythmic buzz from the vibration motor). I worked around that to get it booted temporarily but then the SIM connection seemed to suddenly fail. I replaced the motherboard entirely because some charge/power issues persisted and everything works perfectly EXCEPT that the replacement also doesn't see the SIM. Both are running stock LG Verizon Lollipop (assumed installed by OTA). No one was playing around with alternate ROMs or anything. None of the fixes in this thread help. The SIM slot is on the board so I hesitate to assume that the charge, mic, headphone flex PCB has something to do with it, but it is the only major common component (even replaced the screen again along with the battery, speaker, etc while leaving out useless components). Any suggestions?

Long version:
    After a previous screen replacement it would only buzz when attempting to turn on or buzz repeatedly when attempting to charge until I loosened the black screw near the battery connector. I definitely narrowed it down to that particular screw, though I still couldn't say why (the previous tech who replaced the screen may have shorted the battery terminal near there). When he brought it back to me it was doing the same thing again even with the screw completely removed. Within minutes I had it booting just by poking around. Not sure what I did but I had to take it apart and poke around again to get it to come on after making the mistake of turning it off (went right back to buzzing). I'm pretty sure that the SIM card worked because he received a couple text messages when I first got it turned on (phone hadn't been booted in a day). After getting it to turn on I had to leave it on while reassembling, so I put the SIM tray back in when I was done. The owner was watching and asked why the status bar showed an "X" on the signal strength, so I told him that it was because you had to reboot after reinserting a SIM on most Android devices (as opposed to dual-SIM and iPhone devices). Though I couldn't turn off without causing the power problem, I could safely restart. Unfortunately, restarting only gave me the "Insert SIM" message at boot and nothing I could do would get it to see the inserted SIM. I tried many SIM cards but none worked. I replaced the motherboard expecting it to be a solution to both problems but only the power problems went away. The SIM card issue remained even though the SIM slot is built into the part I replaced and the part I purchased is supposed to be guaranteed, tested, clean IMEI, etc. I'm at a loss. I've taken out every unrelated component and replaced the screen again and replaced the battery so about the only thing that is common is the flex PCB with the mic, headphone jack, display connectors, etc running through it. Not sure how that could be a factor, but I'm replacing it too. In the mean time, does anyone have any suggestions for what could be wrong?
    Different varients

How you can remove SIM without battery?

The LG G2 has several different variations with the Verizon (vs980) having a SIM tray that slides out on the left side, so the user doesn't have to open the case.