Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,363 Members 47,243 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Disable Data on unrooted mobile

Tip us?

odiad
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default [Q] Disable Data on unrooted mobile

Hi,

My daughter will get a s3 mini with a prepaid contract. She can use wifi at home, but she shall not use data via 3G etc because of the costs. Is there a way to disable Data almost permanently? I like to avoid that she enable it by random, and maybe she doesn't recognize.

Is there a method or an app for this? But it should be a way without root, because phone is new and I want keep guarantee.
Maybe it is no phone specific question. Where can I post it in a generell Android forum, if there is no S3mini solution?

Regards Odiad

koragg97
Old
Thanks Meter 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by odiad View Post
Hi,

My daughter will get a s3 mini with a prepaid contract. She can use wifi at home, but she shall not use data via 3G etc because of the costs. Is there a way to disable Data almost permanently? I like to avoid that she enable it by random, and maybe she doesn't recognize.

Is there a method or an app for this? But it should be a way without root, because phone is new and I want keep guarantee.
Maybe it is no phone specific question. Where can I post it in a generell Android forum, if there is no S3mini solution?

Regards Odiad
hi, you can try this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...t.apndroid.pro