Unhappy [Q] S6500 can't go on Recovery Mode (really need help!)

OP Xenagirl83

9th January 2013, 08:29 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

34 posts
Hi everyone! My name's Laura, 29 yo girl from Italy and new on this forum.
I've just bought a Galaxy Mini 2, sold as "not working - for spare parts". It seems like the seller tried to change the OS, but he wasn't able to do it and damaged the kernel!
Owning also a I7500 that I've reprogrammed many times without any problem, I thought it could have been easy to do the same even on the S6500, but I was wrong: there's NO WAY the phone can go into Recovery Mode.
I can only go into Download mode, installing firmwares with Odin, but the phone keep rebooting over and over, showing the Samsung writings. I've also tried to install the CWM, but nothing changed. The battery is also totally dead and I must use the charger or the usb pc cable to turn it on.
I've already installed Kies, PC Studio and the Samsung USB drivers I found on the net: the phone, at first, is correctly detected by my laptop (I use Windows XP OS), but after I close Odin and try to go into Recovery Mode (by pressing Volume Up+Down+Home+Power) for flashing it with RootMe, this error appear on my computer: "USB device not recognized". It's also the one and only time that I see the yellow triangle on my phone, but then the Recovery mode doesn't start.
After I get this error, the phone disappear from the list on the Device Manager window, only to be replaced by "unknown device". With a useful program called "USBDeview" I tried to uninstall every Samsung drivers and reinstall the right one, but to no avail.

So, the problem is: I can't proceed restoring the phone, since I can't go into Recovery mode (obviously, even RootMe can't find the phone).
I know that the device is not bricked, or I couldn't go into Download mode, install a firmware, use Odin, etc.....the bootloader could likely be damaged and the recovery also missing (the CWM didn't solve the problem). On internet it's impossible to find the pit, bootloader, pda, phone and csc single files to use it with Odin: there's only a single pda file for every firmware you choose to install, and I wonder if it's ok in my case.

PLEASE: I really, really, really need Your help, in order to restore the Recovery Mode and the original Samsung firmware! I sense that the solution is near, but I also read that a lot of people is having the same unpleasant problem. Someone solved it, but I don't know what else to do. If you need more informations, don't hesitate to ask. Thanks to anyone who will be willing to give precious advices

Laura
Last edited by Xenagirl83; 9th January 2013 at 08:40 AM.
9th January 2013, 12:07 PM   |  #2  
Flag Ploiesti
Thanks Meter: 356

343 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hey Laura , welcome to XDA!

First of all , is your SGM2 a S6500 or S6500D ?

Secondly , when you try going into Recovery , keep the Vol.Up + Down + Home + Power pressed ONLY UNTIL THE SAMSUNG LOGO APPEARS . By holding them pressed more , the phone would just try booting normally .

Also , have you tried flashing different PDAs on it ? I have a friend that tried to experienced the same problem after flashing one firmware , but worked well after trying another . Make sure you are flashing S6500 firmware on S6500 and / or S6500D firmware on S6500D .

If you manage to get into recovery , I can provide you with a stock image to flash .

SGM2 can swallow alot of crazy things & flashes and doesn't get hardbricked that easily , so there should still be hope .
The Following User Says Thank You to Uizz.UW For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th January 2013, 02:05 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

34 posts
Thumbs up
Hi Uizz!
Thank you so much for your answer. My phone is a S6500. I tried to do what you just suggested, but nothing happens.
The fact is that when I connect the phone to my pc (the battery is dead and this is the only way to turn it on), I only have 1 second of time before the logo appear...during this time I try as fast as possible to keep the keys to go into Recovery Mode, but the phone keep on rebooting....so it's also difficult to tell when it's the right time to keep or release it.
The firmwares I tried are the original Samsung for my country/operator and then the Peter's ROM. I've also installed the CWM thinking it could solve with the Recovery mode problem, but nothing happened. I really need to find a solution, so thank you in advance for your help.
Of course I've no problem using a non-italian operator if it'll solve this issue, as long as it is in english language.

PS: My mum has the same phone, so today I'll try with her new battery. I'm also thinking that maybe the fact that my battery is dead could create this problem, even if I doubt it!
9th January 2013, 04:06 PM   |  #4  
Bangalore, IN
Thanks Meter: 801

6,622 posts
You mean your battery has absolutely no backup?
And the phone does not boot completely at all, no matter which rom you use? You see only bootloops?
Anyway even if the phone is charging(via usb) power down the phone (by long pressing the power button or by pulling the battery out and inserting), it should only charge now and not turn on or bootloop.
If it stays that way, try the recovery mode key combination.
All the hardware key are fine?

Might not fix anything, just a few things to try.
The Following User Says Thank You to roofrider For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th January 2013, 12:36 AM   |  #5  
OP Member

34 posts
Hi roofrider, thanks for your answer
Yes, the phone battery has absolutely no backup: when I take the phone off the charger or the usb cable, it suddenly turn off and there's no way you can turn it on again. The battery doesn't even charge. I tried to do what you suggested, but there's also no way to stop the bootloop.
I've deleted every Samsung drivers on my computer, reinstalled Kies, then again USB drivers, but there are some problems recognizing the device ("unknown device", or only a part of the drivers are installed. It keep on telling me that it was impossible to install or that there is an error when I try to go into Recovery mode).
10th January 2013, 12:56 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hello, I'm Chris.

I have exactly the same problem.

Yesterday I installed a new ROM, i didn't like it and i wanted to install another.
I booted in recovery mode (CWM v5.0.2.8),i reinstalled another ROM and it started bootlooping in recovery mode.
I saw somewhere in XDA that i have to install CWM again so it should work.
After I reinstalled CWM again, my phone started rebooting just like Laura's and I cannot open in recovery mode.

Now I can't do anything, so if you can.. please help!
I would apreciate.

Thanks!
10th January 2013, 02:20 AM   |  #7  
OP Member

34 posts
Wink
Hi Chris! It seems we are on the same boat
I'm sure we'll find a solution soon, with the help from expert users here. And if we'll solve the problem, we'll definitely have to write a guide about it!
10th January 2013, 03:03 AM   |  #8  
Bangalore, IN
Thanks Meter: 801

6,622 posts
If you have access to another computer check if the device is recognised there, logcats are the best option but if it is not recognised i don't think it'll work.
10th January 2013, 03:36 AM   |  #9  
OP Member

34 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roofrider

If you have access to another computer check if the device is recognised there, logcats are the best option but if it is not recognised i don't think it'll work.

Well, I tried deleting all the drivers with USBDeview before, then I've intalled everything again..anyway, on sunday I'll try with another computer, but I use XP and with my laptop I've never had problems like this before, even when I flashed the I7500. Maybe I'm just using the wrong USB Samsung drivers or the wrong Kies version? I've downloaded it from the GT-S6500 official page, but the USB drivers are hard to find and maybe are not the right one for this phone model? This is what I'm using:

- Kies 2.5.1.12123_2
- Samsung USB Drivers for Mobile Phones ver. 1.5.16.0

And this is what I have on my computer (picture taken with USBDeview): http :// s8.imagestime.com/out.php/i813228_usbdeview.jpg
Last edited by Xenagirl83; 10th January 2013 at 04:08 AM.
10th January 2013, 04:53 AM   |  #10  
OP Member

34 posts
I've just read another thread on this forum, where another user can't go into recovery mode and he's phone is bricked. Another user's answer seems to have confirmed one of my doubts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dheeraj (dhlalit11)

or maybe the battery got empty

Yeah, the battery could be the problem here. It's dead, and maybe this problem prevent the phone from "memorizing" the flashing I do with Odin.

PS: I've just created a video to show you all the problems I'm having with my phone:
Last edited by Xenagirl83; 10th January 2013 at 05:03 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread