[Q] 4.4

30th March 2014, 02:11 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

17 posts
how to fix at&t 4.4 update on my note 3....it makes it to 27% and stops...
30th March 2014, 02:28 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 116

909 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitlab1

how to fix at&t 4.4 update on my note 3....it makes it to 27% and stops...

I hate to say this since I'm not a moderator, questions need to go into the Question/Help thread.

Also, you need to read the post (located in this General thread) and do a little search and research to help you. I'm even nice enough to provide you a link (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2686652) which is the Official - the 4.4.2 update - discussion thread.

However,

To begin, you must be on NB4 (the small update that happened a few weeks ago. Also, if you have NOT installed the 4.4 leak, and didn't really do anything to your phone but only rooted.

or

You didn't even root your phone, just can't get passed the 27% of the OTA update, please follow these instructions:

USER BEWARE, THESE INSTRUCTIONS WILL ROOT YOUR PHONE. I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES YOU CAN CAUSE. THIS IS (please forgive me, my caps lock was on) to help you get the update.

1 ) On you Windows computer, go to http://www.kingoapp.com/

2) Download Kingo and install.

3 ) Make sure you have the required Samsung drivers installed also so your phone can communicate with your computer (use the USB 3.0 cable that came with you phone).

4 ) before you connect with the computer:
A ) go into setting (in your phone) and turn on USB debugging. If you don't know how to turn that on, there is instructions within the Kingo software itself.
B ) Set your screen timeout option for 10 minutes.
C ) Also remove your lock screen to none.

5 ) With your phone on, attach the USB cable. It should connect (you'll hear multiple sounds)

6 ) The Kingo software should recognize your phone and give you the option to Root. Please do so (this will not trip your KNOX flag).

7 ) Pay close attention to your phone's screen while going through the rooting process, popups will happen and you will be asked to click approve various functions that is required for root.

8 ) After root is successful, detach you phone. Go to the Google Play store and download Root Explorer. I have the premium version (it worth the few dollars, plus it helps out the programmers).

9 ) Open Root Explorer (or any file manager with root access) and go to /system/csc/

10 ) Look for feature.xml.bak. If this exists, delete feature.xml and rename feature.xml.bak to feature.xml

11 ) See if dexdump is in /system/xbin/ if not down Download dexdump from Jakman85 - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=313

12 ) Copy dexdump to /system/xbin and set correct permissions. Root Explorer will request the directory to be made r/w temporarily while the file is inserted then put it back r/o, however you still need to set the correct permissions for that individual file. The best way is tap and hold another file already in that directory and select permissions and see how to properly set the dexdump permissions. Make sure the permissions match the other files.

13 ) Check for Update and let it do it's thing, or you can sideload the 2400258.zip file (you can download this from a link earlier in another thread) and install it from stock recovery from your sccard.

Note : on first startup after upgrade I did not have touch screen access but the S-PEN did work. However, you can simply restart the phone to get the screen working with touch.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Last edited by lawalty; 30th March 2014 at 02:42 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to lawalty For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread