Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,571 Members 54,836 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HD+ Something wrong with internal storage after wiping

Tip us?
 
erisnyx
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Mar 2014
Default [Q] HD+ Something wrong with internal storage after wiping

I just installed CM11-3/28, and it's working perfectly so far.
I was stuck at the cyanogenmod robort the first time, so I wiped data and installed again. It succeeded this time, but the internal storage is now only 27G in all. I guess the original data was somewhere on emmc, but no idea how to find and remove them.
Wish some help, thanks:)
 
leapinlar
Old
#2  
leapinlar's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3532
Posts: 8,077
Join Date: Oct 2006

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by erisnyx View Post
I just installed CM11-3/28, and it's working perfectly so far.
I was stuck at the cyanogenmod robort the first time, so I wiped data and installed again. It succeeded this time, but the internal storage is now only 27G in all. I guess the original data was somewhere on emmc, but no idea how to find and remove them.
Wish some help, thanks:)
Look in /data/media. You can remove most of the stuff there. Just leave the 0 and clockworkmod folders and their contents. The rest is old stock media files you probably do not want. But 27GB for internal storage is not bad since it does share the 32GB with the CM11 /system files and /data files.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
See my Nook Color Tips Thread here,
and my Nook Color EMMC Partition Repair Thread here,
and my Nook Color Updated CM SD Installation Instructions here,
and my Nook HD/HD+ stock tips thread here
and my Nook HD/HD+ CWM Root Tools thread here
e.mote's Nook HD/HD+ Dummies Guide for installing CM10.1/CM10.2/CM11 here
 
erisnyx
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar View Post
Look in /data/media. You can remove most of the stuff there. Just leave the 0 and clockworkmod folders and their contents. The rest is old stock media files you probably do not want. But 27GB for internal storage is not bad since it does share the 32GB with the CM11 /system files and /data files.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
Sorry, I didn't express myself clear. I can find it on my device but not after connecting to computer (don't know how to make nook a removable device instead of portable device, so that can show all stuff). The profile is over 3G so it would be hard to replace it on Nook.
 
leapinlar
Old
#4  
leapinlar's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3532
Posts: 8,077
Join Date: Oct 2006

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by erisnyx View Post
Sorry, I didn't express myself clear. I can find it on my device but not after connecting to computer (don't know how to make nook a removable device instead of portable device, so that can show all stuff). The profile is over 3G so it would be hard to replace it on Nook.
You have really lost me on that comment. What are you trying to do by connecting to your computer? And what stuff are you looking for? And what do you mean by profile over 3G and need to replace? ???

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
See my Nook Color Tips Thread here,
and my Nook Color EMMC Partition Repair Thread here,
and my Nook Color Updated CM SD Installation Instructions here,
and my Nook HD/HD+ stock tips thread here
and my Nook HD/HD+ CWM Root Tools thread here
e.mote's Nook HD/HD+ Dummies Guide for installing CM10.1/CM10.2/CM11 here
 
erisnyx
Old
(Last edited by erisnyx; 30th March 2014 at 12:36 AM.) Reason: spelling mistakes
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar View Post
You have really lost me on that comment. What are you trying to do by connecting to your computer? And what stuff are you looking for? And what do you mean by profile over 3G and need to replace? ???

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
So sorry for that><, actually I am confused myself. I have two questions.
The first is, total space of Nook should be 32G, but it now shows only 27G on my device, I wanna see if I can find out what the 5G is when connected to my computer. But under USB debuging mode, it still shows only internal storage(27G) instead of the whole emmc(32G). So, according to your first reply, is the 5G capacity system memory? If so, I don't need bother.
The second one is still about connecting to computer. I can visit data/media on my device but not on my computer, how can I get root access to Nook from my computer? (I found this, but haven't tried yet http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1587717)
 
leapinlar
Old
#6  
leapinlar's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3532
Posts: 8,077
Join Date: Oct 2006

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by erisnyx View Post
So sorry for that><, actually I am confused myself. I have two questions.
The first is, total space of Nook should be 32G, but it now shows only 27G on my device, I wanna see if I can find out what the 5G is when connected to my computer. But under USB debuging mode, it still shows only internal storage(27G) instead of the whole emmc(32G). So, according to your first reply, is the 5G capacity system memory? If so, I don't need bother.
The second one is still about connecting to computer. I can visit data/media on my device but not on my computer, how can I get root access to Nook from my computer? (I found this, but haven't tried yet http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1587717)
I don't know why you think you need to have access to root with your PC when you have it directly on the Nook. Just use your root file manager to look at and delete any unnecessary files as I described earlier. Those locations are the only ones to get rid of. The rest are required so don't mess with them. And the maximum you will have will be about 28GB since the rest is used by files necessary to operate CM.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
See my Nook Color Tips Thread here,
and my Nook Color EMMC Partition Repair Thread here,
and my Nook Color Updated CM SD Installation Instructions here,
and my Nook HD/HD+ stock tips thread here
and my Nook HD/HD+ CWM Root Tools thread here
e.mote's Nook HD/HD+ Dummies Guide for installing CM10.1/CM10.2/CM11 here
 
sandsofmyst
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 59
Posts: 226
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar View Post
I don't know why you think you need to have access to root with your PC when you have it directly on the Nook. Just use your root file manager to look at and delete any unnecessary files as I described earlier. Those locations are the only ones to get rid of. The rest are required so don't mess with them. And the maximum you will have will be about 28GB since the rest is used by files necessary to operate CM.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
To back up leapinlar, even android in settings -> storage, shows 27.01GB total space for me. Not more. Like he said, that's all you get. Normally, any hard drive that says x amount will have less - the one is your computer does as well (normally). That's how it is.

While its really good your learning, like leapinlar, I'm getting the feeling like your pushing to crash the device. That's fine if your confident that you can bring it back from that or don't care or have someone else around to fix it. Don't let anyone stop you from learning but just remember - if it crashes - you'll have to deal with it.
HTC sensation 4G | cm11 albinoman ROM - 3/2/14 Workaround for incoming phone calls going to missed (including the swipe issue) with all cm based roms -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=884 (Longest recorded uptime: 1,060 hours)
Nook HD+ 32 | cm11 emmc official ROM (Longest recorded uptime: 331 hours with much daily use)
....Nook HD+ 16 | (Returned due to random reboots; defective tablet)
 
erisnyx
Old
#8  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar View Post
I don't know why you think you need to have access to root with your PC when you have it directly on the Nook. Just use your root file manager to look at and delete any unnecessary files as I described earlier. Those locations are the only ones to get rid of. The rest are required so don't mess with them. And the maximum you will have will be about 28GB since the rest is used by files necessary to operate CM.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
For multi windows and bigger screen (no.
Thank you so much for answering!
 
Jon Lee
Old
#9  
Member
Thanks Meter 69
Posts: 62
Join Date: Jan 2014
'adb shell' is what you're looking for. It can be difficult to setup and get working for our device, but it's worth it in the long run.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes