Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,713 Members 39,385 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[LG APP] Enable Group Messaging

Tip us?

player911
Old
(Last edited by player911; 19th November 2013 at 09:17 PM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 902

DONATE TO ME
Post [LG APP] Enable Group Messaging

It was brought to my attention that some of these G2 variants aren't supplying their stock Messaging Apps with the ability to Group Message:

And I'll soon Upload the APK from the Verizon LG G2 that has this feature. I don't know what it will break (if anything) and you will need Root and a file explorer to copy the file over.

Attached Uploaded files here.

The Name is LGUSMms.apk. So you will probably need to rename it to match whatever your existing MMS apk is named. Also the SMS portion, which may be needed to call the MMS apk is named VZWSMS (Verizon SMS). So it seems it is specific. This will also probably need to be renamed to match your existing Messaging.

I had to ZIP the files because of the size. So you would just unzip and manually move into:
Code:
 /SYSTEM/APP/
Also check permissions.
Attached Files
File Type: zip VzwSMS.zip - [Click for QR Code] (21.1 KB, 270 views)
File Type: zip LGUSMms.zip - [Click for QR Code] (8.55 MB, 465 views)
LG G2 - Modded Stock
Nexus 7 FHD - Jelly Bean 4.4.2 [CM Kang Banged]
HTC Touch Pro►HTC Touch Diamond 2►Nexus One►LG G2x►HTC Rezound►Galaxy NexusLG G2!
iPad►iPad2►Asus TransformerGalaxy Tab 7 [CM10]Nook►Nook TabletNexus 7Nexus 7 FHD!

[Site Owner] MiiWiiChat.com - Free Chat for your Wii
[Site Owner] SnapSite Admins.com - Free Custom Website

Like what I do? - Donations welcome or hit the Thanks button!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to player911 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mobius360
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I think mine sends group messages fine but receives them individually. I'm on T-Mobile variant.

KB112
Old
Thanks Meter 685
Thanks, I definitely wanna give this a shot.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Sprint - ED Family Plan w/ 6 lines.
LG G2 (Stock Rooted - TWRP)

player911
Old
Thanks Meter 902

DONATE TO ME
All uploaded. Unzip the files and put them in /system/app/

Let me know if this is what you guys were asking for.
LG G2 - Modded Stock
HTC Touch Pro►HTC Touch Diamond 2►Nexus One►LG G2x►HTC Rezound►Galaxy NexusLG G2!
iPad►iPad2►Asus TransformerGalaxy Tab 7 [CM10]Nook►Nook TabletNexus 7Nexus 7 FHD!

jim_0068
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobius360 View Post
I think mine sends group messages fine but receives them individually. I'm on T-Mobile variant.
Receiving generally is more based on how the user responds to you and if they're enabled for group messages or if they even want too.

mikedeconboy
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobius360 View Post
I have the T-Mobile variant too, I don't think it sends group messages but just sends mass messages. Which are two different things. ( I could be wrong)

I don't know why LG or T-Mobile could make this easier on everyone. Only solution that I know is to download a third-party app. Which sometimes for me messes with the original sms app. Plus, I love the popup for the original sms app.

Mobius360
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedeconboy View Post
I have the T-Mobile variant too, I don't think it sends group messages but just sends mass messages. Which are two different things. ( I could be wrong)

I don't know why LG or T-Mobile could make this easier on everyone. Only solution that I know is to download a third-party app. Which sometimes for me messes with the original sms app. Plus, I love the popup for the original sms app.
Yeah it allows you to send to 10 people. I can use go sms and group messages are fine.

I like the stock sms on the G2 as well but been using hangouts for most stuff now. Hangouts isn't quite fully-featured yet though so on occasion I will use stock. No more go sms unless I'm backing up messages.

KB112
Old
Thanks Meter 685
No dice for me on Sprint. I didn't think it would be this easy, but I was hoping. Lol It didn't even show up in my App Drawer. Thanks for posting these though.

Sprint - ED Family Plan w/ 6 lines.
LG G2 (Stock Rooted - TWRP)

player911
Old
Thanks Meter 902

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by KB112 View Post
No dice for me on Sprint. I didn't think it would be this easy, but I was hoping. Lol It didn't even show up in my App Drawer. Thanks for posting these though.

Have you tried renaming them and replacing your existing apps?

LG is good at blocking apps from appearing in the launcher. The FM Radio is another example. I would think that if you made backups of your old APKs and replaced them with these, the tie-ins would allow it to be launched.
LG G2 - Modded Stock

U4z
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Not working here on AT&T either.

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda app-developers app