FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Any lists of bloated apps to remove from Tab Pro 8.4?

305 posts
Thanks Meter: 124
 
By Cal, Senior Member on 31st March 2014, 01:39 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Have searched found no list. Anyone? Do not want to root just now as this tab can be returned to BB, but even there I don't know which ones to remove.

I'm like Cloudman...want to root but know that is not smart at this time.

How can are the staff at Best Buy tell if the tab is recovered if it looks like reset? Sand they tell the 'Knox' is tripped?

Thanks for any info and links.
 
 
31st March 2014, 02:17 AM |#2  
conan1600's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 211
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-123

Have searched found no list. Anyone? Do not want to root just now as this tab can be returned to BB, but even there I don't know which ones to remove.

I'm like Cloudman...want to root but know that is not smart at this time.

How can are the staff at Best Buy tell if the tab is recovered if it looks like reset? Sand they tell the 'Knox' is tripped?

Thanks for any info and links.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2514703 this might be a good starting point for you. Maybe give you some idea of what to look for.
31st March 2014, 02:19 AM |#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-123

Have searched found no list. Anyone? Do not want to root just now as this tab can be returned to BB, but even there I don't know which ones to remove.

I'm like Cloudman...want to root but know that is not smart at this time.

How can are the staff at Best Buy tell if the tab is recovered if it looks like reset? Sand they tell the 'Knox' is tripped?

Thanks for any info and links.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2514703
I used this for my Pro Tab 10.1 and its much better now.
31st March 2014, 04:13 AM |#4  
Cal's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 124
 
More
Great link! That is what I was looking for. Frankly upon reading my OP, I see how it was confusing. I'm experienced rooting an Asus eepad transformer that has many Roms available that can be installed and have the junk removed. So I have a delima about rooting this Samsung tab as it's still returnable to Best Buy.

With this link posted I can now see what "can" be deleated, but I'm still confusued as to IF I root - can the rooted device pass inspection by a return to Best Buy if I do a factory reset? I've still a few days left to return to BB if a problem pops up.

I'm like 'Cloudman'...I feel now addicted to rooting!

What appears to be the thing to do is wait until my return time runs out without any flaws appearing, but being a root addict I need a root 'fix' to feel normal!


Hope this is a more logical post!!

Thanks, and please keep the help coming.
31st March 2014, 05:50 AM |#5  
conan1600's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 211
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-123

Great link! That is what I was looking for. Frankly upon reading my OP, I see how it was confusing. I'm experienced rooting an Asus eepad transformer that has many Roms available that can be installed and have the junk removed. So I have a delima about rooting this Samsung tab as it's still returnable to Best Buy.

With this link posted I can now see what "can" be deleated, but I'm still confusued as to IF I root - can the rooted device pass inspection by a return to Best Buy if I do a factory reset? I've still a few days left to return to BB if a problem pops up.

I'm like 'Cloudman'...I feel now addicted to rooting!

What appears to be the thing to do is wait until my return time runs out without any flaws appearing, but being a root addict I need a root 'fix' to feel normal!


Hope this is a more logical post!!

Thanks, and please keep the help coming.

Currently there is no way to reset the knox counter. Once Rooted your warranty in voided by the current method. Best Buy or Samsung can easily see and or check root and knox trip simply by restarting your tablet into the bootloader. They may or may not check this at the returns counter at Best Buy ... If you send your tablet back to Samsung for repairs during the year warranty period they most certainly will check and do not have to honor a claim.
31st March 2014, 03:29 PM |#6  
Cal's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 124
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by conan1600

Currently there is no way to reset the knox counter. Once Rooted your warranty in voided by the current method. Best Buy or Samsung can easily see and or check root and knox trip simply by restarting your tablet into the bootloader. They may or may not check this at the returns counter at Best Buy ... If you send your tablet back to Samsung for repairs during the year warranty period they most certainly will check and do not have to honor a claim.

Never realized there was SO many! Many thanks to both posters for the link.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes