Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,962 Members 50,123 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Has Anyone Installed A Custom Recovery on the Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 4G/LTE SM-T325?

Tip us?

Zagzagel
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default [Q] Has Anyone Installed A Custom Recovery on the Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 4G/LTE SM-T325?

I have the Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 with 4G/LTE, model SM-T325 with a Qualcomm Snapdragon processor. I tried flashing TWRP 2.7.0.1 using both Odin 3.07 and Flashify, but on reboot the tablet goes into download mode and I get a red error flag stating things did not boot properly. Fortunately, the device was not bricked, and I was able to get a proper boot by reflashing the stock recovery image. Unfortunately, the link to ClockworkMod recovery in another forum states it is only for the SM-T320.

Has anyone installed a custom recovery image on the SM-T325 yet? If so, which version and what method did you use to install it?

jcheong
Old
Thanks Meter 39

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagzagel View Post
I have the Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 with 4G/LTE, model SM-T325 with a Qualcomm Snapdragon processor. I tried flashing TWRP 2.7.0.1 using both Odin 3.07 and Flashify, but on reboot the tablet goes into download mode and I get a red error flag stating things did not boot properly. Fortunately, the device was not bricked, and I was able to get a proper boot by reflashing the stock recovery image. Unfortunately, the link to ClockworkMod recovery in another forum states it is only for the SM-T320.

Has anyone installed a custom recovery image on the SM-T325 yet? If so, which version and what method did you use to install it?
I'm pretty much on the same boat, I tried flashing the CWM for SM-T320 on my SM-T325. No brick, you only end up going to that error download boot page, just like flashing the twrp 2.7.0.1

THEDEVIOUS1
Old
(Last edited by THEDEVIOUS1; 30th March 2014 at 02:30 AM.)
Thanks Meter 799

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagzagel View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcheong View Post
I'm pretty much on the same boat, I tried flashing the CWM for SM-T320 on my SM-T325. No brick, you only end up going to that error download boot page, just like flashing the twrp 2.7.0.1
Here u go guys...i haven't received my device yet but please test this twrp recovery for the 8.4 LTE in post #264 & if it works all I ask is that u PLEASE consider donating to @bigbiff for all of his hard work (at least press his "thanks" button...please post in the other thread as well)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5065&nocache=1
^TWRP TAB PRO 8.4 LTE SM-T325 (post #264)
The Following User Says Thank You to THEDEVIOUS1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Zagzagel
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEDEVIOUS1 View Post
Here u go guys...i haven't received my device yet but please test this twrp recovery for the 8.4 LTE in post #264 & if it works all I ask is that u PLEASE consider donating to @bigbiff for all of his hard work

It works! I flashed the file using Odin 3.07, and the tablet rebooted into the OS normally. I powered down and booted into recovery by holding the volume up and the power buttons. I got a message that reads "RECOVERY IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING" in red, followed by "Set Warranty Bit: recovery" in yellow. Then a TeamWin splash screen appeared and TWRP loaded. I was able to access all the touch menus in TWRP and do a Nandroid backup to my external SD card successfully.

Thanks for your help! I will make a donation to bigbiff.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zagzagel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jcheong
Old
Thanks Meter 39

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEDEVIOUS1 View Post
Here u go guys...i haven't received my device yet but please test this twrp recovery for the 8.4 LTE in post #264 & if it works all I ask is that u PLEASE consider donating to @bigbiff for all of his hard work (at least press his "thanks" button...please post in the other thread as well)

omg thanks so much, it works. Will definitely donate again

victorlht88
Old
(Last edited by victorlht88; 30th March 2014 at 08:34 AM.)
Thanks Meter 115
edit

found the root for lte version.