Post Reply

Unhappy [Q] Boot in Recovery Mode (With Broken Volume Down)

OP emeryreme

15th January 2014, 04:05 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 0
 
15 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
More
Someone Help Me Please!! I'm Begging.

I was able to Root my phone and install CWM Recovery.

I flashed a certain ROM and I accidentally choose the step for Unlocked Bootloaders, then I got a boot loop.
My volume down button is broken so I can't boot into recovery thru hard buttons.

Is there any other way to Boot into Recovery Mode? I already tried using ADB Commands, it doesn't work for me. Though I tried ADB with other phone and worked.

My phone is an Xperia Mini Pro SK17i.
Last edited by emeryreme; 15th January 2014 at 10:51 AM.
15th January 2014, 10:53 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 0
 
15 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
More
Unhappy Stuck in SONY Logo
My phone can't even get thru the Xperia Logo.
Just the SONY. Please Help Me!

I feel hopeless already.
15th January 2014, 05:37 PM   |  #3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
25 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
My frnd also had exactly the same problem. He is using Xperia ray .he told he could enter in recovery mode by repeatedly pressing home button.
Try and let me know.
Sent from my Xperia Ray using xda app-developers app
15th January 2014, 07:44 PM   |  #4  
mihahn's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,187
 
3,228 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Boot in recovery using adb! There are many tutorials on how to do this

Sent from my Nexus 4 running Android 4.4
16th January 2014, 02:07 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 0
 
15 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nazir221

My frnd also had exactly the same problem. He is using Xperia ray .he told he could enter in recovery mode by repeatedly pressing home button.
Try and let me know.
Sent from my Xperia Ray using xda app-developers app

The home button doesn't work for me. I guess it doesn't work on SK17i.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mihahn

Boot in recovery using adb! There are many tutorials on how to do this

Sent from my Nexus 4 running Android 4.4

When I bricked my phone ADB was the first thing that comes to my mind since my volume down is broken. But ADB can't detect my device and whenever I plug it thru USB it just reboot the phone on the SONY logo. Nothing happens and not a single ADB Command works.

I hope someone can give me an alternative. Or is there something that I miss?
16th January 2014, 04:53 PM   |  #6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
25 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by emeryreme

The home button doesn't work for me. I guess it doesn't work on SK17i.

Well I m not sure about what I am advising
My friend can boot into recovery using home button for sure, maybe it depends on kernel (or the recovery version) too. So why not flash a different kernel (which includes recovery :: almost all custom kernels have that, not the stock one) using fastboot mode and then give it a try.

I also found the following command
fastboot reboot -bootloader
although it didn't worked on my xperia Ray (assuming bootloader here refers booting into recovery)
19th January 2014, 06:57 AM   |  #7  
dato02's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Tbilisi
Thanks Meter: 84
 
237 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
Try using Lupus V6 i am using it right now and i checked it. it can enter CWM with home button as well with volume up button. don't forget to thank dev(singh_dd93 & wedgess) if hi helped you.

edit: sorry man i partly miss lidded you. only home button takes you to CWM. volume up takes you to TWRP.
Last edited by dato02; 21st January 2014 at 08:15 AM.
30th April 2014, 08:59 PM   |  #8  
neroyoung's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Pusad, MH
Thanks Meter: 2,407
 
828 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
Boot to recovery using hardware keyboards down arrow key
The Following User Says Thank You to neroyoung For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st May 2014, 06:44 PM   |  #9  
Swapnil Kadlag's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 138
 
210 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by emeryreme

Someone Help Me Please!! I'm Begging.

I was able to Root my phone and install CWM Recovery.

I flashed a certain ROM and I accidentally choose the step for Unlocked Bootloaders, then I got a boot loop.
My volume down button is broken so I can't boot into recovery thru hard buttons.

Is there any other way to Boot into Recovery Mode? I already tried using ADB Commands, it doesn't work for me. Though I tried ADB with other phone and worked.

My phone is an Xperia Mini Pro SK17i.

Dude just flash stock.ftf
Then root it
Flash custom ics kernel (included cwm in all kernel)
Then using xposed modules add advanced reboot menu
And then choose reboot to recovery
And i don't think we need volume buttons in whole process

Sent from my MT11i using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes