Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Phone [Q] Samsung Galaxy Gio Won't Root!!

OP saymiti

27th April 2013, 01:19 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Addis Ababa
Thanks Meter: 1
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
More
I have used my Samsung Galaxy Gio GT-S5660 for about a year.
Android Version: 2.3.6
Baseband Version: S5660XXKTA
Kernel Version: 2.6.35.7-1222294dpi@DELL165
GINGERBREAD
Carrier is Ethio Telecom

I have recently decided to root it and i have followed the instructions precisely but it wont root.

when i enter recovery mode by pressing home/power there is a text in yellow at the bottom that reads
"-- Appling Multi-CSC --
Can't Access to '/system/csc/TEN/system'."

but I still followed the process (recovery mode/“Update from SD card”/Reboot phone)
it says "-- Appling Multi-CSC --
Can't Access to '/system/csc/TEN/system'
-- Install /sdcard ...
Finding update package ...
Opening update package ...
Installing update ...
Install from sd card complete."

but after I reboot my phone it is not rooted and has no new app installed. I have tried this process with the specific zip file for my phone and the signed root package. Please help me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TPhoto_00001.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	1915921  
27th April 2013, 01:39 PM   |  #2  
badagila's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Iloilo City
Thanks Meter: 100
 
647 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
Donate to Me
rooting
Quote:
Originally Posted by saymiti

I have used my Samsung Galaxy Gio GT-S5660 for about a year.
Android Version: 2.3.6
Baseband Version: S5660XXKTA
Kernel Version: 2.6.35.7-1222294dpi@DELL165
GINGERBREAD
Carrier is Ethio Telecom

I have recently decided to root it and i have followed the instructions precisely but it wont root.

when i enter recovery mode by pressing home/power there is a text in yellow at the bottom that reads
"-- Appling Multi-CSC --
Can't Access to '/system/csc/TEN/system'."

but I still followed the process (recovery mode/“Update from SD card”/Reboot phone)
it says "-- Appling Multi-CSC --
Can't Access to '/system/csc/TEN/system'
-- Install /sdcard ...
Finding update package ...
Opening update package ...
Installing update ...
Install from sd card complete."

but after I reboot my phone it is not rooted and has no new app installed. I have tried this process with the specific zip file for my phone and the signed root package. Please help me.

what root file do you use? if superuser installed on your gio it means its rooted

btw what kind of gio do you have? s5660, s5660m, s5660L or s5660v?
Last edited by badagila; 27th April 2013 at 01:40 PM. Reason: instant email
The Following User Says Thank You to badagila For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th April 2013, 02:25 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Addis Ababa
Thanks Meter: 1
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by badagila

what root file do you use? if superuser installed on your gio it means its rooted

btw what kind of gio do you have? s5660, s5660m, s5660L or s5660v?


I thought i posted that on the original post but I have s5660 and there are NO new apps installed aka no superuser.

i tried a bunch of root files. I have attached it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Update(3).zip - [Click for QR Code] (924.7 KB, 113 views)
File Type: zip signed_root.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.21 MB, 129 views)
File Type: zip universal_gb_root_v17.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.07 MB, 133 views)
27th April 2013, 02:35 PM   |  #4  
badagila's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Iloilo City
Thanks Meter: 100
 
647 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by saymiti

I thought i posted that on the original post but I have s5660 and there are NO new apps installed aka no superuser.

i tried a bunch of root files. I have attached it.

ok i will upload my root file and ill give the link after

you are 2.3.6 right?
Last edited by badagila; 27th April 2013 at 02:40 PM. Reason: further quistions
27th April 2013, 02:42 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Addis Ababa
Thanks Meter: 1
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by badagila

ok i will upload my root file and ill give the link after

you are 2.3.6 right?

yes 2.3.6.

thanks so much
27th April 2013, 02:47 PM   |  #6  
badagila's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Iloilo City
Thanks Meter: 100
 
647 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by saymiti

yes 2.3.6.

thanks so much

do you already have your CWM? try this link and pree thanks if it helps

http://www.4shared.com/zip/mbjWpa_o/root-package.html

this one is from the great Peteragent5
27th April 2013, 02:52 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Flag Addis Ababa
Thanks Meter: 1
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by badagila

do you already have your CWM? try this link and pree thanks if it helps



this one is from the great Peteragent5

What's CWM?
27th April 2013, 03:00 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member
Flag Addis Ababa
Thanks Meter: 1
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by badagila

do you already have your CWM? try this link and pree thanks if it helps


this one is from the great Peteragent5

I tried that it still doesn't work. I think it's the "-- Appling Multi-CSC -- Can't Access to '/system/csc/TEN/system'." message that's causing the problem. Cuz my friend's phone didn't have it and it was rooted in a minute. Do you have any idea how to fix that?
27th April 2013, 05:06 PM   |  #9  
badagila's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Iloilo City
Thanks Meter: 100
 
647 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by saymiti

I tried that it still doesn't work. I think it's the "-- Appling Multi-CSC -- Can't Access to '/system/csc/TEN/system'." message that's causing the problem. Cuz my friend's phone didn't have it and it was rooted in a minute. Do you have any idea how to fix that?

CWM= clockworkmod its a custom recovey
what procces you did to do a root?

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

try this steps

1. put the on your SD card ( not in any folder)
2. turn off your phone
3. press and hold home + power button for 10-15 seconds
4. apply update from SD card
5. choose the that .rar file and wait until it finish installing
6. reboot your phone
27th April 2013, 05:58 PM   |  #10  
OP Junior Member
Flag Addis Ababa
Thanks Meter: 1
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by badagila

CWM= clockworkmod its a custom recovey
what procces you did to do a root?

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

try this steps

1. put the on your SD card ( not in any folder)
2. turn off your phone
3. press and hold home + power button for 10-15 seconds
4. apply update from SD card
5. choose the that .rar file and wait until it finish installing
6. reboot your phone

that's what i did!! i also tried superoneclick.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes