FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Nabi 2 Disney Edition with Jellybean 4.1?

14 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By SmiggyG, Junior Member on 30th September 2013, 06:49 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I see Best Buy has a Nabi 2 Disney Edition on their website. What makes it interesting is that it has Android 4.1 Jellybean listed as the os.

Model listed as NABI2NV7AD.

Hopefully Fuhu will update the current Nabi 2's to 4.1 as well. Doubtful since they just released an update this month though.

Has anyone seen or heard about this model?
Last edited by SmiggyG; 30th September 2013 at 07:06 PM.

4th October 2013, 01:41 AM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Portland, Oregon
Thanks Meter: 972

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmiggyG

I see Best Buy has a Nabi 2 Disney Edition on their website. What makes it interesting is that it has Android 4.1 Jellybean listed as the os.

Model listed as NABI2NV7AD.

Hopefully Fuhu will update the current Nabi 2's to 4.1 as well. Doubtful since they just released an update this month though.

Has anyone seen or heard about this model?

I remembered reading your post the other day and swung by Best Buy for something else, but decided to go take a look to see if they had this model. Box has ICS Android 4.0 on the side. Until someone buys one we won't know but I'm leaning towards a Best Buy typo.
The Following User Says Thank You to aicjofs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aicjofs Ad-Free
4th October 2013, 11:29 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Thumbs up
Thanks for checking it out. The box don't lie. It's too bad that it's probably a typo on Best Buys part. Seems this model is a Best Buy exclusive according to the NabiTablet's twitter page.

Now I see Walmart has a Nabi 2 Nickelodeon Edition NABI2-NV7A-N. It also says it has Jellybean 4.1 in the description??? They need to clear this up. I'll keep digging for info.

I'm glad you saw this post since you've done so much work with the Nabi's.
4th October 2013, 03:01 PM |#4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Portland, Oregon

More
Quote:

Thanks for checking it out. The box don't lie. It's too bad that it's probably a typo on Best Buys part. Seems this model is a Best Buy exclusive according to the NabiTablet's twitter page.

Now I see Walmart has a Nabi 2 Nickelodeon Edition NABI2-NV7A-N. It also says it has Jellybean 4.1 in the description??? They need to clear this up. I'll keep digging for info.

I'm glad you saw this post since you've done so much work with the Nabi's.

I saw the talk about the Nick one too. It could be just the box that is wrong.

The Following User Says Thank You to aicjofs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aicjofs Ad-Free
6th October 2013, 08:21 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 128

More
Well it damn sure does and those icons look very 4.1ish to me hmmmm......

Last edited by deskjet390; 6th October 2013 at 08:28 AM.
6th October 2013, 02:15 PM |#6  

More
CONFIRMED PER NABI WEBSITE AND PERSONELL ON THEIR FACEBOOK

Someone go grab one and do a system dump and a nandroid backup and upload it here! I checked inventory in my area and ain't one close enough for me to grab for a few then return it to the store!
Last edited by deskjet390; 6th October 2013 at 02:35 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to deskjet390 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift deskjet390 Ad-Free
6th October 2013, 06:19 PM |#7  

More
With Jelly Bean i can have a custom rom made for this tablet in a day if i can just get the system dump ya'll. I can have my Illusion Rom 4.2.2 working on it ya hear me?!
7th October 2013, 07:23 AM |#8  

More
Okay I will have this for us tomorrow. I'm going to best buy and bringing my laptop and an SD card. Gonna fastboot flash recovery, boot into recovery, full backup to external SD and then return it. 10 mins tops gonna say grandparents already got it just talked to them and bounce.
The Following User Says Thank You to deskjet390 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift deskjet390 Ad-Free
7th October 2013, 05:30 PM |#9  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Portland, Oregon

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deskjet390

Okay I will have this for us tomorrow. I'm going to best buy and bringing my laptop and an SD card. Gonna fastboot flash recovery, boot into recovery, full backup to external SD and then return it. 10 mins tops gonna say grandparents already got it just talked to them and bounce.

Assuming there is nothing different about this tablet except Jellybean and TWRP 2.6.1.0 works do this:

fastboot boot recovery.img (That way you don't flash the recovery)
Grab what you want
Use file manager in TWRP and go to /data/media and delete TWRP folder it created
Press and hold power button to power it off hard (Otherwise it will rename recovery-from-boot.p to recovery-from-boot.bak on system partition, and you also avoid TWRP asking to install superuser)

I just say this because if you do what you say they will probably just toss it back on the shelf and some other person will end up with it.

It would also be interesting to use the mount menu and mount /system and do a adb shell df, since they have filled the partition on the original Nabi I am interested in they changed partition size.
8th October 2013, 01:35 PM |#10  
OP Junior Member

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by deskjet390

Looking forward to it!
8th October 2013, 06:45 PM |#11  

More
Quote:

Looking forward to it!

Didn't get it yesterday but I'm about to go now....wish me luck haha
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
nabi-2

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)