Jerky google maps?

OP kude87

24th March 2014, 05:32 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 152

575 posts
More
Has anyone else experienced a jerky google maps? I ask because my location dot on maps seems to only move every hundred feet while driving, opposed to being a fluid, continuous movement. I thought it was my note 2, but then I checked a friend's S4 and it did the same thing. May have been the latest maps update....not sure.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using xda app-developers app
24th March 2014, 11:08 AM   |  #2  
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 10

43 posts
More
Mine was doing the same thing.
I always check the newest to see what they have added.
I don't think it will ever compare to the features of 6.14.4

You can get 6.14.4 here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2485892

If you don't like it just revert back to the new fubar
The Following User Says Thank You to OffTheChainz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th March 2014, 05:40 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Minneapolis

575 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffTheChainz

Mine was doing the same thing.
I always check the newest to see what they have added.
I don't think it will ever compare to the features of 6.14.4

You can get 6.14.4 here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2485892

If you don't like it just revert back to the new fubar

Awesome. I'm going to revert as well. At least it makes me think it is indeed Maps and not my device. Thanks!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
25th March 2014, 01:23 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 82

236 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kude87

Awesome. I'm going to revert as well. At least it makes me think it is indeed Maps and not my device. Thanks!

Quote:

I ended up reverting back to an older version of Google Maps as well because I was experiencing similar bugs. I also missed having separate app icons for local, navigation, maps, etc... I went with Maps version 6.14.2, which I believe may have been the last version of that still had all the separate icons. It has been working well for me on my Note 2.

I also reverted my Gmail to an earlier version... I went with Gmail version 4.3.1, because I believe it was the last version available before Google updated Gmail to pre-sort all our email into the 5 different boxes... I just didn't like that.

When I was searching online for the previous versions, I came across a site named Android Drawer http://www.androiddrawer.com/

I thought you all might be interested in it because it has a huge repository of older apps of all kinds. Just search for the app you want and pick your favorite version.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mattnmag For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th March 2014, 02:11 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Minneapolis

575 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattnmag

I ended up reverting back to an older version of Google Maps as well because I was experiencing similar bugs. I also missed having separate app icons for local, navigation, maps, etc... I went with Maps version 6.14.2, which I believe may have been the last version of that still had all the separate icons. It has been working well for me on my Note 2.

I also reverted my Gmail to an earlier version... I went with Gmail version 4.3.1, because I believe it was the last version available before Google updated Gmail to pre-sort all our email into the 5 different boxes... I just didn't like that.

When I was searching online for the previous versions, I came across a site named Android Drawer http://www.androiddrawer.com/

I thought you all might be interested in it because it has a huge repository of older apps of all kinds. Just search for the app you want and pick your favorite version.

This is a great resource. Thank you, sir.

Last edited by kude87; 27th March 2014 at 09:40 PM.
29th March 2014, 08:50 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Minneapolis

575 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattnmag

Do you know a way to stop the older apps from showing up in the play store as needing to be updated? I have the hacked youtube that doesn't show up as needing an update, but my maps always does now. Not a big deal but it's nice to "update all" and not have maps update.

29th March 2014, 10:53 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 82

236 posts
More
Quote:

Do you know a way to stop the older apps from showing up in the play store as needing to be updated? I have the hacked youtube that doesn't show up as needing an update, but my maps always does now. Not a big deal but it's nice to "update all" and not have maps update.

@kude87

I'm not sure of a simple way to detach apps from the Play Store/Market. I thought Titanium Backup would easily let you do it, but it looks like it doesn't work anymore. I tested it out just a bit ago and it temporarily detached the app... but it linked back to the Market after a reboot.

User cthulu posted information in this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...d#post50564811 , which talks about a fix. Credit should go to him if it helps you.

The Following User Says Thank You to mattnmag For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread