Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,261 Members 37,862 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help?

Tip us?

o0VIP0o
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Help?

Hey guys ... I rooted my phone nearly a month ago so my friends recommended xposed framework so after i downloaded it i wanted to install which gave me a huge warning that the mobile might not boot or it will be stuck in a bootloop so anyway if someone has tried to install it pls let me if it works and if i need to do smth extra to make it work

My phone : Samsung galaxy s3 mini/4.1.2 /GT-I8190/XXAMG4

Which is ofc rooted using that Chinese application

mauam
Old
(Last edited by mauam; 2nd April 2014 at 09:55 PM.)
Thanks Meter 6,730
Quote:
Originally Posted by o0VIP0o View Post
Hey guys ... I rooted my phone nearly a month ago so my friends recommended xposed framework so after i downloaded it i wanted to install which gave me a huge warning that the mobile might not boot or it will be stuck in a bootloop so anyway if someone has tried to install it pls let me if it works and if i need to do smth extra to make it work

I recommend you to read xposed framework thread carefully. After rooting the phone with that chinese thing, you can install/replace it for a real superuser app from playstore & remove the chinese one. Good luck

P.S: BTW, you posted in the wrong place.

efaustino84
Old
Thanks Meter 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauam View Post
I recommend you to read xposed framework thread carefully. After rooting the phone with that chinese thing, you can install/replace it for a real superuser app from playstore & remove the chinese one. Good luck

P.S: BTW, you posted in the wrong place.
nicely done
Use the search functionality before you post as the question may have already been asked

I don't need donations, all I ask for is a bit of thanks and some appreciation for my work
My Work

xXPR0T0TYPEXx
Old
Thanks Meter 183
Quote:

If you mean xposed installer then don't worry, you will not stuck on boot it works very well on s3 mini without any problems

Venlor
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Just make a nandroid backup and test it then. I haven't encountered serious problems with the framework. Xposed also creates a xposed-disabler.zip that you can flash from recovery if you get a boot loop, if that doesn't work, just restore the nandroid backup

o0VIP0o
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Guys thnx for the answers so i installed cwm and flashed the custom recovery and i want to do a nandroid backup but could someone tell me an estimate of how much space does it require? I have about 6gb empty in the external sd card used about 4gb from internal so is it enough?

xXPR0T0TYPEXx
Old
Thanks Meter 183
Quote:
Guys thnx for the answers so i installed cwm and flashed the custom recovery and i want to do a nandroid backup but could someone tell me an estimate of how much space does it require? I have about 6gb empty in the external sd card used about 4gb from internal so is it enough?
1.50GB - 2.00GB or more and yes it's enough

Sent from my GT-I8190 using xda app-developers app