Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,116 Members 48,360 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Resizing, repartitioning - Discussion.

Tip us?

reas0n
Old
(Last edited by reas0n; 4th April 2014 at 04:55 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 464
Default Resizing, repartitioning - Discussion.

Hello!

At first, I'm not a developer, just a normal user who is interested to use his device in 100%

Personally I have an 16GB version D802. As some people see, after flashing an AOSP ROM near 2GB of /system storage is free and unable to use. So that's why I'm interested, whether any developer works / wants to work on it. It would be awesome to have this space available, and maybe if we could change the file system to F2FS (or sth better that I don't know)?

Thanks in advance for the discussion, and if I placed this topic in wrong section, then please move it to the proper place, cheers.

SnakeHaveYou
Old
Thanks Meter 85
I think it is possible.. Look at this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2582142
And a month ago, i flashed a 16GB kdz, and my 32GB was converted to a 16GB one..
Repartitioning fixed that..

But, from that list of partitions, seems that won't be easy (well, if it's possible)
Ericsson DH318 > Motorola c353 > Motorola e380 > Nokia 6560 > Motorola RAZR V3 > Nokia 6131 > Nokia N73 > Apple iPhone 3G 16GB > Samsung SGH-I897 Captivate (very dead) > Samsung Galaxy S3 > Motorola Razr HD XT925

- Actual device: LG G2 D806 32GB

reas0n
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 464
I see that @Shelnutt2 helped him, well, i see that resizing wouldn't be so hard (i think), but changing file format will be way harder.
I'll PM Him.
Tags
reformat, repartition, resize, storage