Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,832 Members 50,569 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Alternative pens for Note 8

Tip us?

bugeyed1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Default Alternative pens for Note 8

I have been going in circles trying to find a compatible pen for my Note 8. Many that claim compatibility have an offset when in use. Pens that I have tried:
Wacom Bamboo Stylus Feel CS300UK from Best Buy - 2mm offset & reported by many.
On order Wacom Bamboo Stylus Feel CS300UK2 - said to be compatible.
Samsung S Pen and Holder Kit. <2mm offset.

The supplied pen & a replacement Galaxy Note 8 stylus work fine with no offset.
There is a good thread at xda regarding the same issues with the Galaxy Note 10.1. I am not sure if the information pertaining to the Note 10.1 can be applied to the Note 8.
BTW The offset is present with the 4 app that I have tried.
It would be nice to see a chart of compatible pens, listing various tablets & the cross platform compatibility of the pens. Many products are listed as "compatible with Samsung Galaxy Note", but there appears to be some variance between the Galaxy Note products related to this offset. Otherwise they work fine.
Thanks,
kev

Abudabilibre
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I have just received a chinese replica I ordered a few days ago.
I wanted to have a replacement Spen which could fit the built-in hole, and of course It does fit. In fact is basically the same stylus without branding. The only issue with this Spen is the offset you mentioned above. All in all, mine doesn't have such a big offset, may be less than 1mm. The gap is so small that is very difficult to measure. I donīt regret the purchase, beside the fact that It only cost 6,19$.

I have attached some photos of the replica.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Spen_box.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	183.2 KB
ID:	2675459   Click image for larger version

Name:	Spen_comp.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	194.9 KB
ID:	2675460  

bugeyed1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abudabilibre View Post
I have just received a chinese replica I ordered a few days ago.
I wanted to have a replacement Spen which could fit the built-in hole, and of course It does fit. In fact is basically the same stylus without branding. The only issue with this Spen is the offset you mentioned above. All in all, mine doesn't have such a big offset, may be less than 1mm. The gap is so small that is very difficult to measure. I donīt regret the purchase, beside the fact that It only cost 6,19$.

I have attached some photos of the replica.
I got the same non-branded pens & they too suffered with too much offset for me. They also had a wobbly tip. I ended up with a Wacom Bamboo Stylus Feel. Had to order it from Wacom directly to get the version that works with the Note 8. The model number is CS300UK2. It must have the "2" to work with the Note 8. The ones at Best Buy & most other retailers are CS300UK. The "K" is for black, so the white one would be CS300UW2.

Cheers,
kev
The Following User Says Thank You to bugeyed1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chzyken
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I also bought a Chinese duplicate. However, my experience with it is not as great.

It is not a perfect fit into the slot. You hage to apply alot more pressure than you would for the Official pen to get it to fit fully snuggly.

It has also broke for me after about a month and is now completely unusable.

Am considering just getting a the Wacom Feel for Note devices. Please let me know how you are finding it!

Sent from my GT-N5110 using xda app-developers app

bugeyed1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by chzyken View Post
I also bought a Chinese duplicate. However, my experience with it is not as great.

It is not a perfect fit into the slot. You hage to apply alot more pressure than you would for the Official pen to get it to fit fully snuggly.

It has also broke for me after about a month and is now completely unusable.

Am considering just getting a the Wacom Feel for Note devices. Please let me know how you are finding it!

Sent from my GT-N5110 using xda app-developers app
The Feel works well for me. As I mentioned, I had to get the right one. It feels better in the hand than the stock stylus & the tip (soft) is very smooth on the screen without feeling too slippery. Haven't tried the hard replacement supplied.
Kev