Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,139 Members 51,531 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Lg g2 vs98012b soft bricked

Tip us?

Zmankiller11
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Lg g2 vs98012b soft bricked

I have a rooted Czech lg g2. When I downloaded the app LCD density moder when I reset it through the app my phone was then soft bricked I tried the way using the lg fix tool and that method doesn't work for me. I have not been able to use it since I'm on the stock rom by the way luckily I can still get it into download mode but I still can't do anything Please help

da_reeseboy
Old
Thanks Meter 129
Do you have a Czech LG G2 or A Verizon vs980 LG G2? Chances are you will have to factory reset or push the tot file via LG Flash Tool in download mode, but we need to figure out which file you would need to push.

player911
Old
(Last edited by player911; 29th March 2014 at 01:25 PM.)
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 903

DONATE TO ME
You should be able to just factory reset. Seems you just boinked your system file (forgot the name).

Look up YouTube's videos how to factory reset your device during boot.

If you knew what you were doing, you should be able to put the phone in download mode and push a stock [system file] and recover it without a wipe. But wiping is easier and faster.

For the record, I used Tex_Provider from the Play store to change my DPI to 400.

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
LG G2 - Modded Stock
Nexus 7 FHD - Jelly Bean 4.4.2 [CM Kang Banged]
HTC Touch Pro►HTC Touch Diamond 2►Nexus One►LG G2x►HTC Rezound►Galaxy NexusLG G2!
iPad►iPad2►Asus TransformerGalaxy Tab 7 [CM10]Nook►Nook TabletNexus 7Nexus 7 FHD!

[Site Owner] MiiWiiChat.com - Free Chat for your Wii
[Site Owner] SnapSite Admins.com - Free Custom Website

Like what I do? - Donations welcome or hit the Thanks button!

Zmankiller11
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I will try that and I will tell you if it worked or not

Zmankiller11
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
When I did a factory reset it brought me to twerp luckily but my backup was messed up but when I went to look at the app that caused this I found a .bak and a .temp file of my build.prop , the file that got messed up I believe but I don't know where it goes and which file i should put back

da_reeseboy
Old
Thanks Meter 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zmankiller11 View Post
When I did a factory reset it brought me to twerp luckily but my backup was messed up but when I went to look at the app that caused this I found a .bak and a .temp file of my build.prop , the file that got messed up I believe but I don't know where it goes and which file i should put back
So you have a custom recovery... that helps.

I would say swap the build.prop with the .bak version. If that doesn't work, factory reset in twrp?

Zmankiller11
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Yeah but when I looked in /system it didn't show build.prop so should I just put it their

da_reeseboy
Old
Thanks Meter 129
It bothers me that its not there... maybe thats why its not booting. Put it there and try it.

Zmankiller11
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
That didn't work when I put the build.prop.bak in the /system folder it didn't work

da_reeseboy
Old
Thanks Meter 129
You deleted the .bak off the name, right?