Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,048 Members 45,504 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How warm does your phone get ?

Tip us?

LoneWolf
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 52
Default [Q] How warm does your phone get ?

I live in cali and temperatures are getting pretty hot. While I went out today I was just texting and an app warned me about my batterys temperature it was at 115 Fahrenheit. I think its the otter box that isnt letting my phone breathe. Should I be concerned? What are your temperatures?

Chilidog
Old
Thanks Meter 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
I live in cali and temperatures are getting pretty hot. While I went out today I was just texting and an app warned me about my batterys temperature it was at 115 Fahrenheit. I think its the otter box that isnt letting my phone breathe. Should I be concerned? What are your temperatures?
I also live in California and my phone gets so hot just from doing nothing it's crazy.. I think the case I have is trapping the heat in or something...
The Following User Says Thank You to Chilidog For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Uzephi
Old
Thanks Meter 299

DONATE TO ME
I am in AZ and it reached 108 ambient temps so my 115 degree battery is feasible.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Uzephi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ardidito
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I've become somewhat obsessed with the many battery issues. My phone runs just below the threshold ie. ~125F that you don't want to cross for batteries or processors. And that's with just light multitasking. I can't imagine playing games on the One.

It's an aluminum body! Why doesn't it leech heat?

I'm gonna look into a new phone for the summer.

synisterwolf
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2115
I am also from California and my phone gets hot from time to time. Case is a big factor on the cooling side. Plastic, rubber, and silicone are good insulators and will keep the heat in. i would recommend removing the case when phone temps get to 115+F
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Internet
You learn something new everyday. Unless you have a brain injury, then it's all pretty much yelling and coloring.
The Following User Says Thank You to synisterwolf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BranC85
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I live in PA so I have never gotten a warning about the battery temperature reaching that limit, but I have been alarmed sometimes just at how hot the phone feels when I am using it heavily. It's hard to tell with a case on but without it, if I am running backups/restore in recovery or playing games, even in the cooler climate it has given me cause for concern.
The Following User Says Thank You to BranC85 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LoneWolf
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by synisterwolf View Post
I am also from California and my phone gets hot from time to time. Case is a big factor on the cooling side. Plastic, rubber, and silicone are good insulators and will keep the heat in. i would recommend removing the case when phone temps get to 115+F
Thanks for the tip

So everyone experiences high temps so its normal basically Thanks guys

durgis
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
Thanks for the tip

So everyone experiences high temps so its normal basically Thanks guys
Yep, that's why I'm under-clocking this thing, that processor gets super hot.

Uzephi
Old
Thanks Meter 299

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by durgis View Post
Yep, that's why I'm under-clocking this thing, that processor gets super hot.
You shouldn't need to UC, it should automatically UC from thermald. You should just edit those settings to make it automatically UC earlier

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Free mobile app

disconnecktie
Old
Thanks Meter 1102
I keep mine uc all the time and it rarely gets hot. I've never had to mess with the thermal settings. The CPU is so powerful it really doesn't need to be as fast as it is in my opinion. 1.55ghz seems to be right where it should be. No lagging at this speed and the difference in performance is negligible at best.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk