Post Reply

[Q] How warm does your phone get ?

1st June 2014, 01:33 AM   |  #1  
LoneWolf's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Cali
Thanks Meter: 52
 
173 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
More
I live in cali and temperatures are getting pretty hot. While I went out today I was just texting and an app warned me about my batterys temperature it was at 115 Fahrenheit. I think its the otter box that isnt letting my phone breathe. Should I be concerned? What are your temperatures?
1st June 2014, 02:41 AM   |  #2  
Chilidog's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 105
 
601 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf

I live in cali and temperatures are getting pretty hot. While I went out today I was just texting and an app warned me about my batterys temperature it was at 115 Fahrenheit. I think its the otter box that isnt letting my phone breathe. Should I be concerned? What are your temperatures?

I also live in California and my phone gets so hot just from doing nothing it's crazy.. I think the case I have is trapping the heat in or something...
The Following User Says Thank You to Chilidog For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd June 2014, 06:05 AM   |  #3  
Uzephi's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 411
 
1,259 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Donate to Me
More
I am in AZ and it reached 108 ambient temps so my 115 degree battery is feasible.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Uzephi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th June 2014, 08:44 PM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
I've become somewhat obsessed with the many battery issues. My phone runs just below the threshold ie. ~125F that you don't want to cross for batteries or processors. And that's with just light multitasking. I can't imagine playing games on the One.

It's an aluminum body! Why doesn't it leech heat?

I'm gonna look into a new phone for the summer.
4th June 2014, 09:01 PM   |  #5  
synisterwolf's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,206
 
6,441 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
I am also from California and my phone gets hot from time to time. Case is a big factor on the cooling side. Plastic, rubber, and silicone are good insulators and will keep the heat in. i would recommend removing the case when phone temps get to 115+F
The Following User Says Thank You to synisterwolf For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th June 2014, 09:12 PM   |  #6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
24 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
I live in PA so I have never gotten a warning about the battery temperature reaching that limit, but I have been alarmed sometimes just at how hot the phone feels when I am using it heavily. It's hard to tell with a case on but without it, if I am running backups/restore in recovery or playing games, even in the cooler climate it has given me cause for concern.
The Following User Says Thank You to BranC85 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th June 2014, 01:00 AM   |  #7  
LoneWolf's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Cali
Thanks Meter: 52
 
173 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by synisterwolf

I am also from California and my phone gets hot from time to time. Case is a big factor on the cooling side. Plastic, rubber, and silicone are good insulators and will keep the heat in. i would recommend removing the case when phone temps get to 115+F

Thanks for the tip

So everyone experiences high temps so its normal basically Thanks guys
5th June 2014, 09:26 PM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
105 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf

Thanks for the tip

So everyone experiences high temps so its normal basically Thanks guys

Yep, that's why I'm under-clocking this thing, that processor gets super hot.
5th June 2014, 09:44 PM   |  #9  
Uzephi's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 411
 
1,259 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by durgis

Yep, that's why I'm under-clocking this thing, that processor gets super hot.

You shouldn't need to UC, it should automatically UC from thermald. You should just edit those settings to make it automatically UC earlier

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Free mobile app
7th June 2014, 06:23 AM   |  #10  
disconnecktie's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,178
 
5,022 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
I keep mine uc all the time and it rarely gets hot. I've never had to mess with the thermal settings. The CPU is so powerful it really doesn't need to be as fast as it is in my opinion. 1.55ghz seems to be right where it should be. No lagging at this speed and the difference in performance is negligible at best.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes