Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,422 Members 43,385 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] issue with 9.png stretchings

Tip us?

Austtin
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 367

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] issue with 9.png stretchings

Hi all, I'm facing an issue trying to theme a 9.png. The stock 9.png doesn't have any "1px black line" anywhere, but the file ext is *.9.png
So I themed it using photoshop CC, and then save it. Just replace the pic into the apk, then move it to phone..and when i open the apk with this 9.png, it doesn't fit/stretch right on the app. I also tried to save it (using photoshop) as web file, png-24 but happened to me the same. But the most curious thing is that when you move again the stock original png wich has no "1px black border" anywhere, it fits ok. So I don't have any idea what could it be.

Please can anyone help me?? thanks in advance!

I didn't download the 9 patcher, but I think it's gonna make the same (or am I wrong?)

mannyvinny
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4,156

DONATE TO ME
.9.png images have 1px border. If you delete that 1px border, you won't have it working anymore. Also, you need .9patcher tool to make those .9pngs. Here's the link for guide with brief explanation-
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...11&postcount=1

Sent from my PowerBoxed Note II

Austtin
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 367

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyvinny View Post
.9.png images have 1px border. If you delete that 1px border, you won't have it working anymore. Also, you need .9patcher tool to make those .9pngs. Here's the link for guide with brief explanation-
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...11&postcount=1

Sent from my PowerBoxed Note II
Thanks mannyvinny, but as I said before the stock 9.png image has no "1px black border" anywhere, that's the curious and weird thing. I try 9 patch and see what happens, thanks for answering me really appreciatte it!