The project was a success but not on all mobiles, no html5 audio is far from done, so I started working on a Phonegap build and Mobile MusicDB was born.
- Plays local stored music from internal and external SD
- Plays personal cloud stored music from Nasses and personal servers*
- Only streams from the personal cloud if the song is not found on your phone
- Artist and Album art are pulled from last.fm (only once; art files will be stored on your main sd card in the folder 'org.arielext.mobilemusicdb'
- Recently played / Letter / Artist and Album view
- Scrobble to last.fm with use of Simple LastFM scrobbler (can be found in the play store)
- Lockscreen support (undergoing testing)
- Notification support
Planned features before releasing v1.0 to the play store:
- Resume playback (optional)
Planned features after v1.0:
- Store and retrieve playlists to and from the cloud/phone.
- download music from the cloud to the android device
- upload music to the cloud from the android device
- delete music from the android device
The app is in beta, and to opt-in you need to part of the google+ group https://plus.google.com/communities/...83665932810490, I'll update the app regularly and with your help try to make it as bugfree as possible
* To be able to stream from a personal server/nas please visit the google+ group; it contains a step by step howto. If you just want to use it as a music player, press skip in the set-up window.